Wordsworth, one of the greatest romantic poets of English literature, once said:"What are fears but voices airy? / Whispering harm where harm is not. / And deluding the unwary / Till the fatal bolt is shot!" Fear is the greatest enemy of man, as it can make your life miserable even without having a real existence. Fear corrodes a man from within and makes him presume many unreal things. While this is true that every man has one or other types of fear, the degree and type of fear differ from person to person. Fears based on reason and logical are easier to deal with, than the baseless ones that are borne out of mere doubts. Fear weakens one’s self-confidence and turns a person very weak. If you feel the pressure of fear hanging on you most of the times, we are here to help you fight against it. Go through the tips given below and know how to get rid of the fears that have grown their root in you.
Getting Rid Of Your Fear
- You can fight fear only by confronting it. Repeat your fears to yourself and face them. You will either be bored by the repetition and lose interest in those fears or discover the fear to have minimal or no consequences at all. In either of the cases, you will turn out to be a winner against your fear.
- Take a small notebook and write down your basic fears in it. Every day, add your new fears to it, if any. When you feel that you have listed enough of them, keep the notebook in a cupboard and do not touch it for one week. Finally, when the week is over, take the notebook and go through your listed fears to find out how many of them have come out to be true. You will find that most of them were just vague doubts of your mind. Some may have come true, but with much lesser effect than what you imagined.
- Many-a-times, the fear of survival becomes a major concern in our life. In such circumstances, you will have several doubts about your physical wellbeing. When you confront such situations, ask yourself some revealing questions like - “How far will this situation materialize? Have I faced such situation before? How did I act at that time? What can be the best solution?”
- Change your attitude and see the difference. If you are a type of person who always looks for faults in others as well as in himself, change your perspective from this very moment. Look for the positive things in life and you will see your own doubts and fears vanishing.
- Do not assume things. Many-a-times, situations are not be as bad as you think. Do not start presuming your future. It is good to be prepared for the worst, but making one’s life hell, by thinking about the worst that can happen (even when it has minimal chances of taking place), is foolishness.
- Be bold and daring. Have the confidence in yourself that you will be able to face whatever comes to you in the future. Never try to run away from any situation. Face the problem, solve it and you will regain your self-confidence and strength.