Being an introvert can often be a problem, especially when you want to start new relationships in life. Almost all the introverts would love to go for dates, but their reclusive nature does not allow them the courage to go and ask someone out. The feeling of anxiety and nervousness is enough to scare them off taking the first step. In fact, for shy people, dating is a taxing situation, almost equivalent to a tough task at hand. Though it might take a little longer than usual for introverts to open up, the task is not entirely impossible. In the following lines, we have provided dating tips and advice for introverts, in order to help them in taking the first step as well as moving the relationship further.
Dating Tips For Introverts
- One of the best ways of starting the dating game is to tell your friends about it. Introducing yourself to the person you want to date via friends is always easier than going out and approaching a person who is totally a stranger to you.
- Let the first meeting be a brief one, say in a coffee shop or going for a walk, and set a time limit for it. This would give you an opportunity to feel comfortable, considering the fact that you can move out early if you do not feel right.
- If you start feeling nervous while you are on a date, you must talk about it. Remember when you talk about the anxiousness you are feeling, it would lessen the sensation a bit. At the same time, the other person will understand the reason for your odd behavior, a result of nervousness, thereby making things easier for you.
- It is very important for you to be your own self. Do not try to be someone you are not. This would, in turn, make things difficult. Be your real self and who knows, you might be able to break the ice. Give the other person a chance to know the 'real' you.
- Do not intake alcohol or drugs to lighten up the panicky feelings. It will only worsen the situation. The person you are dating is also a human being only and it might be that even he/she is as nervous as you are.
- Starting a conversation can be a little difficult if the other person is not an extrovert either. So, it is better not to take a chance and think about some conversation starters before you set out for the date.
- Do not push yourself for any physical contact, such as holding hands or kissing, if you are not comfortable. Have physical contact only when you feel relaxed with your date.
- Observe your date. Try to find out as much information as you can from the meeting. This would let you know whether you want to go out with the person the next time or not.