The arrival of computer age has changed many things that you come across daily. Cassette tapes, floppies, CDs, pen drives, the storage devices have come a long way. CDs are one such invention that came along free with new-gen computers. In the olden days, when tapes caused a menace as you went on collecting new ones, today this has been replaced by shiny CDs. Now you can find a pile of used and unused CDs all around your home. It is vacation time and now that the kids will be at home for some time, why not let them indulge in some activities that can be both fun and educating? Craftwork is the best possible answer to that. Let your children have some really good fun time making really interesting crafts. When there are enough and more things available at home to work on, why unnecessarily buy things from outside? This can also teach them a good lesson on how to value money, as well. Used CDs are something you would be happy to get rid of and being able to turn your dowdy CD’s into wonderful art form is like a cherry on the cake. Given here are two creative ways of using CDs and turning them into simple crafts.
Old CDs Craft
Given here are two crafts made from old CDs.
CD Photo Ornament Craft
- Old CD
- Craft glue
How To Make
- Keep the CD on to the felt and trace it out. Cut the circle out.
- Cut a 10-inch piece of ribbon. Make a loop out of the ribbon.
- Apply a coat of glue onto the back of the CD towards the outer edge.
- Now press the ribbon loop into the glue so as to make a hanger.
- Apply glue to the entire back of the CD so as to paste the cut out felt onto the CD. This will cover the writings part and the ends of the ribbon. This will become the back of your ornament.
- Cut out the picture that you want to use. Cut it in any desired shape.
- Cut a similar shaped felt piece about 1/2 inches wider than the picture. Glue the photo onto the piece of felt so that the felt is visible on all sides. Glue this to the center of the CD.
Tea Light Candle Holder Craft
- Colored sand
- Tea light candle
- Paint brush
- Craft glue
How To Make
- Take the CD and apply glue to the entire shiny part of the CD and you can spread it on the entire CD using a paintbrush.
- Sprinkle the colored sand generously all over the CD. You can use a single color or different colors as per your choice. Pat off the remaining sand that is not glued.
- Let it dry completely.
- Take the embellishments; stick it onto the sanded CD.
- After you are done with the decoration, let it stand for a few hours until everything is perfectly dry.
- You can put one tea light candle on the center hole of CD.