Christmas is the time to indulge in fun and festivity! It is season of parties - attending parties as well as hosting parties. If you are also hosting a Christmas party at your home, then there are a lot of things that you must be worried about, say sending invitations, planning the menu, deciding on favors and arranging the decorations. Decorations, especially table decorations, form a very important aspect when you arrange a Christmas party. And…it is this particular aspect that we will help you deal with, in this article. We have listed ideas for Christmas table decorations, in the lines below. Go through them and take your pick.
Christmas Table Decoration Ideas
- One of the best ways to decorate your Christmas table is with cutlery. Spread a tablecloth and set your finest cutlery on it. If the tablecloth is white, try to go for colorful cutlery or at least colorful napkins. You can also go for a colorful tablecloth and white/crystal cutlery.
- Tables and candleholder have a relationship that dates back to years. What better way to decorate your Christmas table than with a candleholder. You can either buy it from the market or make one at home, adorned with Christmas decorations like glitters, colored buttons, ribbons.
- Table is meant as a place for eating. So, why don't you decorate it with eatables only? Keep all the food items especially made for Christmas, like cakes and cookies, on the table, along with glasses, crystals bowls, etc. Such a decoration is sure to attract your guests.
- The simplest of all table decorations - two big lit candles placed on separate candleholders and a bouquet placed between them, is another good idea as far as Christmas is concerned. Go ahead, use this decoration on your table and see your guests drooling over it.
- If you have a large crystal bowl at your home, put it in the center of the table and place lots of gilded fruits in it, along with pinecones. Thereafter, surround it with a pine garland. This table decoration is simple, yet very elegant and stylish.
- Use white, blue and light shades of purple to decorate your Christmas table, giving it a winter look. Place an ornamental silver candleholder in the center and surround it with things like ornamental snowflakes, little snowmen, strands of clear beads, snowy white garlands, etc.
- A wreath can form the perfect centerpiece for a Christmas table. Decorate it with lots of ribbons and bows. You can adorn it further by placing a large candle or several tapers in the center, making sure that the flame or hot wax does not come in contact with anything inflammable.
- If you are having a traditional dinner at your place, on Christmas, then what table decoration can be better than a hurricane lantern, as centerpiece? As for adorning the rest of the table, stemware - filled with beads, nuts, berries, glass marbles or small festive objects will do.
- A Christmas party is as good as incomplete if there is no champagne to celebrate the occasion. Ever thought of using champagne bottles for decorating the table? Place champagne bottles on the table, with wreathe of ivy or evergreen adorning them at the bottom.
- If you are good at stitching, you can make a bright tablecloth for your Christmas table. A tablecloth in the combination of blue and red will be a great idea. You can also do some embroidery on the tablecloth, making it look all the more attractive.