There are three conditions that result in the appearance of stretch marks on the skin, namely pregnancy, loss of excess weight and muscle building. At the same time, all the three conditions also bring utmost joy to us, especially the first one. So, how to maximize on the joy and minimize the small negative effect? Simple! With the help of some home remedies that are very easy and yet, give amazing results, you can get rid of stretch marks. However, remember, removing stretch marks is not an overnight process and requires patience and diligence. Read on further to check out some natural remedies for removal of stretch marks.
Best Natural Home Remedy for Stretch Marks
- It is very important to start early, to get rid of the stretch marks. Do not wait until they turn silver or white. Instead, treat them in the initial stages, when they are red, purple, pink or brown.
- Massage the stretched area for about three to four times in a day, with moisturizers that contain cocoa butter as a prime ingredient. This would hydrate the skin, making it suppler.
- Massaging the area with wheat germ oil helps in improving the stretch marks in the early stages.
- A sugar cane derivative, glycolic acid works favorably on stretch marks by increasing collagen production, thereby reducing the site of the unsightly beasts.
- Drink lots of water as it helps to maintain the elasticity of skin and thus, avoid the occurrence of stretch marks.
- Exfoliate the area with an apricot scrub, with the help of a loofah or scrunchy. This would help remove the marks gradually.
- Massage the area that has stretch marks with oils like Rose hip oil, Jojoba oil and Castor oil.
- If possible, use cocoa butter or shea butter for massaging on the area that has stretch marks.
- Take hot baths and regularly massage the area that has stretch marks. This will help in improving blood circulation in the area and in turn, lighten the stretch marks.
- Go for sunbathing. Tanning helps in the removal of minor stretch marks. Make sure to use lots of sunscreen while sunbathing.
- Application of lavender oil works advantageously, removing the stretch marks completely. Apply this for about three times a day, to remove the marks.
- Another home remedy to get rid of stretch marks would be by applying Aloe Vera gel on the marks. It would initially lighten and finally, remove the marks from the body.
- An effective way to remove stretch marks would be by preparing a mixture of seven drops of lavender oil and a few drops of chamomile oil to an ounce of carrier oil. Apply this mixture on the affected area.
- In a blender, mix ½ cup olive oil, ¼ cup Aloe Vera gel, and the liquid from 6 Vitamin E capsules and 4 Vitamin A capsules. Store this mixture in a container and place it in the refrigerator. Application of this mixture would be beneficial in getting rid of stretch marks.
- Including a lot of green leafy vegetables, tomatoes, liver and dairy products in the diet would help in reducing the unsightly marks.