Hangover! The word is enough to bring you back on earth after you have attended the heavenly party, drank like a fish, gotten laid and done everything like you were some teenager. Now you have nausea, throbbing headache, dry mouth, and overall uneasiness. This is not what you had bargained for. However, this is the price you pay for letting the body gulp down alcohol like drum. The best way to cure hangover is swearing off excess alcohol. However, you can lower the misery of your hangover for the time being, with some of the tips listed below. Read on to know how to get rid of a hangover.
Tips For Getting Rid Of Hangover
- Before you start boozing, fill your stomach with food and fluids. Drinking alcohol on an empty stomach will only result in a very bad hangover. Have a proper meal before you start drinking and have plenty of water before and in between the drinking session. Having water before you hit the bed will also help you get rid of hangover.
- If you find yourself hung-over next morning and have no important work to attend to, then give yourself over to sleep. Get up in the morning; drink plenty of water and then sleep again. If you still feel bad after you wake up again, then repeat the process until you find yourself free from it.
- You can also take painkillers, like aspirin, to cure the hangover. You can take multivitamins as well. Some people vouch for this cure. However, before you go for this, it is better to consult your physician.
- Steer clear of dairy products. Also, avoid fatty foods and munch on fruits and vegetables instead. You can also have soup, especially chicken soup, for better effects. If your head is throbbing because of the hangover, chewing raw cabbage will help you get rid of the headache.
- If you think a cup of coffee will help you get rid of hangover, you are wrong. It may actually increase the symptoms. Replace your coffee with tea, for better results. However, a cup or two will be enough.
- Take a long hot bath. It will help you remove toxins from the body and calm down your nerves as well. Add plenty of shower gels or take a bubble bath, to add to the relaxation.
- Get out in the fresh air. Go for a morning walk. The oxygen from the morning air will help stimulate your brain and make you feel good. In addition, you can incorporate some gentle exercise in your daily routine.