Bread jam butter, bread butter omelet, stuffed bread sandwiches, hot dogs and burgers, all taste great, thanks to the most frequently consumed food - bread. Can you imagine how would a plate of jumbo pizza taste without garlic bread sandwich as a starter? It simply would render an empty look to your dining table. Likewise, preparing bread is as easy as eating it. And yeast forms the vital ingredient in baking bread as it helps the bread to raise through fermenting the dough. Loved by one and all, yeast breads taste excellent when sliced and toasted. Spread a little butter, cream cheese or peanut butter. And voila, you are done with your yummy and mouth-watering yeast bread slices ready to be gorged on. Learn how to make homemade yeast breads by following any of the following easy recipes.
Easy Yeast Bread Recipes
Easy Whole Wheat Bread
- ¾ cup Warm Water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 tbsp powdered Egg Substitute (optional)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Bread Flour
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp rapid-rise Yeast
- Combine egg substitute and water. Stir to dissolve it.
- Combine the egg substitute liquid, vegetable oil, sugar, salt, bread flour, whole wheat flour and yeast in the pan of a bread machine.
- While selecting the whole wheat cycle and regular bake time, bake the bread as per the instructions stated by the manufacturer.
- Check on the kneading process of the dough after 5 minutes to make sure that it is of the right consistency.
- Once the bread is baked, remove from the bread machine and cool on a wire rack.
- Slice thereafter and serve.
Golden Cheese Yeast Bread
- 6 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 2 (0.25 ounce) packages active Dry Yeast
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Warm Milk
- 1 Egg
- Mix together 3 cups of flour with cheddar cheese, sugar, yeast and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Add milk and egg. Beat the mixture using a beater on low speed till it gets smooth.
- Add in the remaining 3 cups of flour and stir well to get soft dough.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic for about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and turn around to coat well.
- Cover the dough and keep it in a warm place allowing it to double for about an hour.
- Punch the dough again and divide it into two parts.
- Shape each part into a loaf.
- Place the loaves in a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pans.
- Cover the pans and allow the loaves to rise for 45 minutes.
- Bake the loaves at 374 degreed F for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the loaves from pan and cool on wire racks.
Chocolate Yeast Bread
- 4½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Baking Cocoa
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 (0.25 ounce) package active dry Yeast
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Water
- ½ cup Milk
- ½ cup semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 tbsp Butter/ Margarine
- 1 Egg
- Combine together 1¼ cups of flour with baking cocoa, sugar, yeast, salt and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix water, milk, chocolate chips and butter in a saucepan. Heat until the chocolate has melted.
- Partially cool the mixture and add to the flour mix.
- Beat the mixture using an electric beater on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add ½ cup flour and egg. Beat again for 2 minutes.
- Add in enough flour to form stiff dough.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 6 to 8 minutes till you get smooth and elastic dough.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and turn to coat all over.
- Cover the bowl and place in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour.
- Knead the dough again and divide into two portions.
- Shape each portion into loaves.
- Place the loaves in 2 8x4x2 inch loaf pans.
- Cover the pans and let the dough rise again for another 1 hour.
- Bake the loaves at 375 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes till they turn brown.
- Remove the breads from the pans and cool on wire racks.