Garlic bread is simply a slice of bread, drizzled with olive oil and rubbed with some garlic cloves. It is indeed one of the easiest foods to prepare and has been a big hit with kids as well as grownups. Originally from Italy, garlic bread has come a long way to accompany a wide variety of add-on food delicacies. Though it is wonderful by itself, it is usually served as a side dish with several other gourmets like pizza, pasta and soup. There are different methods and twists for preparing garlic bread though the simplest is prepared with just oil and garlic being spread on the bread and baked. Given here are some easy-to-prepare garlic bread recipes which guarantee delicious results. Read on to know to make all of them.
Garlic Bread Recipes
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf of Italian Bread/ French Bread
- ½ cup (1 stick) Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 2 large cloves Garlic (smashed and minced)
- 1 heaping tbsp Parsley (freshly chopped)
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese (freshly grated, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Slice the bread in half, horizontally.
- Take a small bowl and combine together butter, garlic and parsley.
- Spread the mixture on the bread halves.
- Place the bread halves on a baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and sprinkle parmesan cheese on the bread.
- Broil on the highest rack for 2 to 3 minutes, till the bread edges get toasted and the cheese bubbles up.
- Remove and cool for a minute.
- Slice each bread piece into 1 inch thick slices.
- Serve immediately.
Tangy Garlic Bread Recipe
- 8 (2 inch diameter) slices Crusty Bread
- Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 large Garlic Cloves
- 5 ml Balsamic Vinegar
- 8 slices Parmesan Cheese
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Heat the grill.
- Brush both sides of the bread slices with olive oil.
- Toast one side of each bread slice lightly on the grill.
- Remove and rub the slices with garlic cloves.
- Place a slice of parmesan cheese on the toasted side of the bread slice.
- Grill the slices for 2 minutes, to melt the cheese.
- Mix together tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and 10 ml of olive oil in a small bowl and apply on the slices.
- Serve hot.
- Spoon some mixture on each piece of cheesy garlic bread.
Toasted Garlic Bread
- 1 (1 pound) loaf Italian Bread
- 5 tbsp Butter (softened)
- 2 tsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- Preheat the broiler.
- Slice the Italian bread into 1 to 2 inches thick slices.
- Take a small bowl and combine together butter, olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture on the bread slices evenly.
- Arrange the slices on a medium baking sheet.
- Broil the slices for 5 minutes till they turn slightly brown.
- Remove the bread slices and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on each one.
- Put back the slices for broiling for 2 to 3 minutes till the cheese melts and slightly browns.
- Serve hot immediately.