It is often a matter of amazement to see how some things in nature have a unique shape of their own – for instance, pine cones. Whether small or big, they look beautiful and appealing. It is, in fact, this quality that makes them an easy option for making decorations. Christmas is the time when most trees shed pine cones; thus many pine cone decorating items are made during Christmas and are used as Christmas decorations. As we are aware, children love to go hunting for pine cones during this time of the year and compete with each other as how many pine cones can one locate in a given amount of time. Would it not be best in such a situation to put all the pine cones that have been collected to good use by making decorations from them? The only things one requires is careful handling of the pine cones, some basic decorating items of one’s choice and loads of creativity. Here are some pine cone decorations that can be made at home.
Homemade Pine Cone Decoration Ideas
- 8 to 10 Pine Cones
- Duct Tape
- Wire Hanger
- Craft Glue
- Wire Cutters
- Decorative Items
- Cut the wire hanger in half and wind it into a circle. Wind the two ends securely together.
- Use duct tape to firmly attach both ends of the wire hanger firmly together.
- Glue the pine cones on to the wire.
- Use decorative items to make the wreaths look beautiful. You could try things such as green ribbons and red beads to add holly berries.
- You could also use paints to add more color and make the pine cones look more vibrant.
- A big, open Pine Cone
- Bird Seeds
- A few feet of String
- A mixture of Margarine & Peanut Butter
- Tie the pine cone to the string by fixing the string on to the pine cone and then tying it around the top of the cone a bit.
- Make a loop to hang the cone.
- Take a paper towel and place the pine cone on top of it.
- Spread the peanut butter mixture over the edges of the cone using the butter knife.
- Sprinkle the bird seed all over the pine cone until the pine cone is fully covered.
There are a few variations that you could try in terms of colour, if you are not making decorations for Christmas per se. if you are making decoration for someone’s birthday, say a loved one, you may actually use the person’s favourite colours as the colour scheme.