A prom is an once-in-a-lifetime event that allows juniors and seniors to mix around and have fun. An event that every student anticipates, the most important job of a prom committee is to brainstorm a good theme and decorations. Generally, juniors plan the prom decoration themes that are to be planned well in advance to turn the whole event into an exciting affair. For a prom night to be successful, beautiful settings are a must. Decorations are very crucial as they can enhance the whole ambience and atmosphere. They have to be planned as per the theme of the prom party. Read on further to know the various decorations and themes for a prom night.
Prom Night Decorations And Theme Ideas
Midsummer Night Garden Theme
- Create a romantic prom night with this theme. Purchase or rent garden trellises or arbors from party rental stores or gardening centers.
- Place the trellises at the entrance and on the sides of the venue.
- Get some large water fountains to highlight the venue.
- Get some artificial vines and arrange them over the trellises and over the fountains to blend into the décor.
- Rent some garden benches and place them near the arbors or trellises.
- To achieve a romantic ambience, use subtle lighting.
- Create a Hollywood prom theme to give your guests a chance to experience glamour.
- Decorate the prom as red-carpet event since the guests will be dressed in tuxedos and prom dresses.
- Rent a red carpet and place it at the entrance of the venue. Allow your guests to strut down the carpet and pose to take pictures.
- You can place strobe lights along the carpet to mimic the lights of paparazzi camera.
- Use artificial palm trees to decorate the interiors of the venue. Line them on the sides of the venue to ensure room for dancing.
- For a festive look, add black and silver balloons in the backdrop.
Paris at Night
- Recapture a night in Paris by creating this romantic prom theme.
- Start off by painting a large mural of the Eiffel Tower and adding gold glitter to mimic the Eiffel Tower’s lights at night.
- Rent out a large garden arc and place at the venue entrance.
- Use artificial vines and christmas lights to decorate the arc.
- Use dark butcher paper to create a path from the entrance right up to the dance floor.
- Using gold tulle, line the sides of the path.
- You can place old-world style lampposts rented from a party rental store on either side of the path.
- The colors for a casino theme are black and red.
- You can use the dollar sign to paint a mural to decorate your venue.
- Set up some tables to pretend gambling. Use poker chips or something else to resemble money.
- Give your guests a certain number of chips to play with when they enter the venue.
- You can have a prize shop set up where the guests can buy prom themed merchandise.
- You can also opt for a jackpot idea where your guests can use their winnings to purchase tickets for some sort of grand prize.