After the birth of a baby, all mothers are required to nurse their child for few months. Breastfeeding is one of the most common and vital activities practiced by all new mothers. Therefore, it becomes very necessary for mothers to feel comfortable while feeding their baby, in order to treat the baby properly. For this reason, nursing bras have been devised, which aim at making breastfeeding a pampering experience for both the mother and the child. Maternity bras are available in a wide variety, which can be chosen as per individual comfort and choice. Although finding a comfortable and good nursing bra may seem like a daunting task, it is perfectly achievable. In the following pointers, we have provided the information about the types of nursing bras and the tips which you need to keep in mind while you are buying a nursing bra.
Types Of Nursing Bras
Soft Cup Nursing Bras
Soft Cup nursing bras are a popular choice amongst women, who breastfeed their newborn babies. As the name suggests, soft cup bras provide all three basic necessities of comfort, support and convenience. Moreover, they do not employ any underwire for providing support. Soft cup bras are of two types, with flaps and without flaps.
Underwire Nursing Bras
Another useful option amongst nursing bra is the underwire nursing bra. While they are highly recommended by some people, others recommend avoiding them. They provide immense support and are apt for women with large breasts. However, caution should be exercised while wearing them. One should not sleep in such bras as they put an undue pressure on the breasts. This can also lead to blocked ducts and mastitis.
Seamless Nursing Bras
Usually made of cotton - lycra blend, seamlessbras offer a smooth, sleek, and flawless look. This makes the bra a little stretchable, which offers superior support as your breast size fluctuates. They are available both with a soft cup or an underwire, giving them a natural look and exceptional support. Make sure your seamless bra fits you properly. They are even available with flaps that can be easily opened for breastfeeding.
Nowadays even strapless style bras are available which is suitable for fashionable new moms. Strapless bras are good for summers and while you are wearing tank tops etc. some of the best brands for strapless nursing bras are Moms in Mind, La Leche League etc.
Many new mothers may need breast pumping for various reasons. You could opt for hands free pumping bars too. Some of the most popular hands free pumping bras are from La Leche League and Easy Expression.
Tips For Choosing Nursing Bras
- While you are buying nursing bras, always opt for the ones, which are comfortable and adjustable. Always invest in a quality nursing bras, which gives good support and fits well.
- Never in any case compromise on bras, which are too tight. Those bras, which are extremely tight can give you problems, like blocked milk ducts etc.
- You can shop for the nursing bras when you are 8 or 9 months pregnant. Remember to have at least three nursing bras before you go for delivery.
- You need to remember that you may have to change nursing bras more often than usual because of occasional leaks.
- Don’t shop for nursing bras earlier than eight to nine months of your pregnancy as otherwise the problem of fitting may come up.
- The best thing would be to go for nursing bras with high cotton content.
- The straps of the bras also should be wide to support your breasts.