- Lifestyle Lounge
- Beauty & Fashion
Micro braiding can be defined as the hairstyle in which the hair is braided into a large number of small, thin and delicate braids. The style of having micro braids is very popular in Africa as well as America, mainly owing to its low maintenance cost effort. Even otherwise, the style looks pretty trendy and chic. However, those who have brittle hair should not opt for this style. This is because micro braiding tends to make hair weaker and thus, more susceptible to breakage. If you want to know how to do micro braids, read the information given below.
How Do You Micro Braid
- Take a very thin section of your hair and divide it into three equal parts.
- Cross the left part over the middle part, making the left part the middle one.
- Next, cross the right part over the middle one, making the latter the right one.
- Continue with the procedure till you reach the end of the hair.
- Thereafter, tie a slip knot at the end of the braid.
- Take the next section of hair, as thin as the previous one, and repeat the procedure.
- Continue doing this till every section of your hair is braided.
Tips on Micro Braiding
- If your hair is brittle, do not go for micro braiding.
- Micro braids work better on short hair than longer hair, since the latter is more vulnerable to breakage.
- Before starting the process of micro braiding, get your hair trimmed and have a hot oil treatment.
- Do not make the braids too tiny or too tight.
- Do not leave the braids for a period of more than 2½ months.
- Keep your scalp moisturized and conditioned through the period you will have braided hair. However, do not make use of thick conditioner, as it is difficult to get it out of the hair.
- Get a scalp massage every few days.