‘Going natural’ seems to be the new age mantra! From drugs to drapes and even make-up, everything seems to have gone natural today. When everyone is vouching for natural products, why let even your nail polish be synthetic. No fashion is complete without right fingernail hues and women just love to indulge in colors. However, often the harsh chemicals contained in regular nail enamels cause nails to turn yellow and become brittle, making them look unattractive and worn out. An easy solution to this is definitely homemade natural nail polish that is devoid of all toxic chemicals, skin friendly and hassle-free to wear. What more, it’s pocket friendly and looks cool as well You can play with shades and even go for interesting designs with the homemade colors. Natural fingernail polish looks gorgeous on your nails and is non-chipping too. Just get hold of some non-toxic, easily-available things, use your creativity and voila! You have a nail color that not only looks great, but is eco-friendly too. Here is all you need to know about how to make natural fingernail polish.
Homemade Natural Nail Polish Recipes
- Take 1 tbsp of cold pressed olive oil and mix it with ½ tbsp of powdered kaolin clay or white clay, to form a smooth paste. Olive oil will keep your nails and cuticles moisturized while the clay will lend sheen to your nails.
- Use henna dye to add color to your nail polish. Henna is available in a variety of colors and can be used to add natural tint to your nail polish. Mix the henna with olive oil, to form a smooth paste.
- Use an old nail polish brush or cotton swab to apply the nail polish evenly on your nails. Leave it on for about 15 minutes. If you are using henna to tint your nails, keep in mind to wipe away any extra leftover on skin. Allow your nails to air-dry.
- While using henna to color your nails, remember to moisturize it from time to time. You can use a cotton swab dipped in warm water to dab the surface. Keep the polish on for at least an hour or more, depending on the richness of tint.
- After the paste has dried off, use a damp cloth to wipe it off from your nails. Rub your nails gently while doing this, to buff up the nails. Repeat the application as often as you want, to have naturally painted glossy nails.
- First of all, you have to gather all the supplies: 1/2 tsp Alkanet Root, 3 tbsp Olive Oil, 1/4 tsp Beeswax, and 2 drops Vitamin E Oil.
- Now, use a double boiler to heat up olive oil and alkanet.
- After the two ingredients have warmed up, remove them from heat and set aside for 5 minutes, to let them set.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer, to separate the alkanet root. Now, pour the strained oil back into double boiler.
- Add beeswax to the oil and let it melt. After this, you can mix in the vitamin E oil. Mix well and remove from the boiler.
- Use an old nail polish brush to apply the nail polish evenly on your nails. Make sure to avoid smearing it on the surrounding skin.