Beautiful hands have long been synonymous with manicured hands and smooth and shiny nail coats. Neatly polished nails enhance the beauty of your hands and make them look more feminine than ever. Women make a lot of efforts to keep their nails looking beautiful and one glaring chip on the nail can do just the opposite. Chips generally occur between manicure sessions and they can be easily fixed at home. Read the article for some simple tips on how to fix chipped nail polish and don’t bother rushing to the parlor next time you see a chip on your nail.
Fixing Chipped Nail Polish
- Take a nail polish remover and put a drop on your index fingertip of the hand which doesn’t have the chipped nail.
- Rub the finger with nail polish remover on the chipped area to smooth away any rough edges and globs.
- Leave it to dry and apply a small amount of nail polish on the chipped area after it has dried.
- Once the polish has completely dried, brush a clear coat of nail polish or polish sealant to avoid chipping in the future.
- Dip a cotton ball in the nail polish remover and wipe off the polish residue left on your finger tip.
- You can also fix a chipped nail with the help of a tooth-pick. Dip a tooth pick inside the nail polish.
- Dot it on the chip in such a way that the chip is evenly covered. If the chip is big and more nail polish is required, you can dip the tooth-pick in the polish once again.
- Leave it to dry. Once the polish has completely dried, brush a clear coat of nail polish or polish sealant, to avoid chipping in the future.
- Get a buffing disk and rub it across your nail following one direction to smooth down the edges. It will make the chip on your nail less noticeable.
- Now, brush a clear coat of nail polish or polish sealant on the nails, to avoid chipping in the future.
- Apply a top coat polish after painting your nails. This will create a protection coat and avoid frequent chipping.
- Wait for 2 minutes after you polish your nails and then dip them into cold water. It will help your nails dry faster and they won’t dent even if they hit something hard, as your nails will become solid in cold water.
- It is recommended to soak your nails in ice cold water for 1-2 minutes, after applying the polish, to keep chipped nail polish at bay.
- Make it a point to avoid fast drying nail polishes, as they tend to get chipped very easily.