“Pizza is a lot like sex. When it's good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's still pretty good.” Well the above quote is enough to state the popularity of pizza. With all the Pizza huts, Dominos, Slice of Italy and others mushrooming in all the corners of your city, you may well be aware of the popolarita´ di pizza. When everyone of us love pizza, we hog on it right and left and only realize when our waist starts to stick out of our pants and cholesterol level shoots up like a rocket. There is no doubt that pizza is usually loaded with calories and you don’t stop on just one slice. You may be feeling guilty whenever you keep a slice in your mouth or you may have completely stopped eating your favorite food in fear of gaining weight. However, you still can taste your favorite recipe and that too without any guilt. You can actually make pizza, which are healthy. Yes, it is possible to make healthy pizza loaded with fibers, calcium, vitamins, and other nutrients. You don’t even need a chef’s experience to make low calorie pizza. It can be made at home and is very easy to prepare. You can add your own ingredients from your local market or even from your kitchen garden. Here is the low calorie Pizza recipe for you so that you can enjoy your favorite food, guilt free.
Low Calories Pizza Recipe (With Pita)
- It is very easy to make. You would get Pita bread in your local super market. You just have to preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Now cut the pita into two equal halves and place it on the baking sheet. Keep it in the preheated oven and bake it for ten minutes until the edges are brown.
- After removing the pitas from the oven, lightly coat the pitas with tomato sauce.
- Now add the fresh broccoli and spinach over it. You could add your own ingredient also. Place some tomato slices on the top and sprinkle low calorie cheese. You can season it with garlic and salt.
- Add the broccoli and spinach. Place a layer of tomato slices on top. Sprinkle on the cheese, and season with crushed garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Now microwave it for some time, four to five minutes, and then serve hot!
Low Calorie Pizza Recipe
- Take a cup of lukewarm water and a teaspoon honey. Take one-tablespoon active dry yeast and 3 cups of unbleached flour. These are easily available in the market.
- Now, in a large bowl add the yeast and honey to the water and let it set for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now, add half-teaspoon salt to the flour and blend it well. Thereafter knead the flour until it is smooth.
- Cover the bowl where you have kneaded the flour with a damp towel and allow it to rise for some time until it is doubled in size.
- Now again punch the dough and let it rise again for almost 45 minutes. Make the base of the pizza by rolling it, take a fork, and make pockmarks all over it.
- Preheat oven on 450 degree and then put the pizza in it and heat it for five minutes or until it has become crusty.
- Spread tomato sauce on it and add your favorite healthy topping like broccoli, tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, etc. Now, microwave it for 5 minutes and enjoy guilt free!