Everyone wants straight hair, or at least most of them long for it. More often, people with curly hair straighten their hair, using a variety of methods. Getting straight hair is difficult for people with wavy or curly hair, but maintaining the straightness through the day becomes all the more difficult. Many people use anti-frizz spray to keep their hair straight, but it should be used only when the straightening process is over and to give an extra bounce to your straightened hair. Apart from that, there are various other things that should be kept in mind to keep your hair straight for a longer period. Read on further to know some tips on how to keep your hair straight all day.
Image: Vilde Lauritzen@flickr
Keeping Hair Straight All Day
- To begin with, wash your hair with a smoothing shampoo and conditioner. This will eliminate the frizz, thus relaxing your curls and making it easier to straighten your hair.
- Squeeze a dollop of relaxing cream in your hands and rub it through your hair, from roots to the ends. Comb your hair well, as this will soften and tame your curls and waves for a straighter hair look.
- Blow dry your hair and use a ceramic straightener to straighten your hair in sections. While blow-drying, pull your hair straight as much as you can. The heat passing through the straightener will help make and keep your hair straight.
- Take a pea-sized drop of anti-frizz, anti-humidity serum and run it through your hair, from roots to the ends. Your cuticles will be sealed and the serum will add shine to your hair. This will also keep your hair straight between two to four days.
- Mix equal parts of fresh, grated coconut and lime juice.
- Massage the mixture into your hair and let it sit for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse your hair well to remove the mixture and straighten your hair as usual.
- The coconut and lime concoction will coat hair shafts and help keep the hair straightened for a long time.
- Keep your hair long, as short hairstyles tend to curl up more quickly. The added weight of longer hair will keep the hair straight for a longer time.
- While straightening your hair, use a good quality hair iron. This will give you adequate results, which last long. Old hair irons may not be able to make the straightening last for a long period of time.
- Be sure not to expose your hair to excessive heat, as this can damage it.
- Carry an umbrella with you, in case of rain forecast and be sure to use it whenever you are exposed to this type of weather.
- Before straightening your hair, dry it using a soft towel, hair dryer or blow dryer. Wet hair is delicate and can break easily.
- Purchase shampoos and conditioners that are specifically meant for getting straight hair.
- Avoid brushing your hair too regularly, as this will make it greasy and frizzy.
- Do not tie your hair for a long duration, as this will create a twist in your hair and destroy the straight look.