Wavy hair is considered to be one of the sexiest hairstyles in the present times. The prime reason being that it can be stylized in a variety of ways. The versatility and flexibility of wavy hair makes it best suited for straightening or curling. Moreover, a chic hairstyle can be brought about just by applying a hair gel and flipping your fingers through your wavy hair. For those who are not blessed with wavy hair, opting for a triple-barrel curling iron or mousse is suggested. If you want to know how to create wavy hair, the instructions given in following lines will be handy.
How To Make Your Straight Hair Wavy
- Wash your hair with shampoo.
- Soak excess water from your hair, using a clean and dry towel.
- Apply mousse, when the hair is still wet.
- Spread out the mousse evenly, on the strands. You may make use of a wide-toothed comb to spread it out evenly.
- Now, roll fingers through your hair and push the strands outwards, to create the wavy look.
Using Triple Barrel Curling Iron
- Shampoo and condition your hair.
- Dry your hair, using a towel.
- Using a wide-toothed comb, detangle the dry hair.
- Now, divide your hair into small sections, about 2-3 inches wide.
- Take one section of your hair and spray it with a hair spray.
- Clip the other sections of the hair upwards, using hair clips.
- Set the triple barrel curling iron on a medium temperature setting.
- Now, position the upper portion of the section of hair between the top barrel and the bottom plate of the curling iron.
- Press the curling iron, holding the section of your hair between it. Hold the position for 5 seconds.
- Slide the curling iron down, in a gentle manner.
- Repeat the above step with other sections of your hair as well, to produce waves all through your tresses.
- To give a finishing touch, separate the waves gently, with the help of your fingers. This will give them a natural look.
- To make your hair look lustrous, apply 2-3 drops of shine serum over the tresses, just after applying the mousse. However, you should not comb your hair after doing it, because it would wreck the entire look.
- The curling iron should be positioned 1 inch away from the scalp, because the hot barrels may damage the skin of your head.
- The curling iron should not be in contact with the hair for too long, as the heat can damage the texture of your hair.