Our hair and its style form a very important part of our personality. This statement is especially true for women, who have much more options than men, when it comes to experimenting with hair. Being such an important aspect of a person's overall appearance, hair needs to be taken good care of. Conditioning forms a very important part of hair care routine and plays a great role in maintaining the strength, vitality and shine of hair. In the following lines, we have listed a number of hair conditioning tips, just for you.
Tips For Conditioning Your Hair
Applying the Conditioner
- Shampoo your hair thoroughly and rinse well, to remove all the traces of the shampoo.
- Squeezing out your hair gently, removing excess water from it.
- With the help of your fingers or a wide-toothed comb, remove the tangles in your hair.
- Take out the conditioner on your palm and rub the palms together.
- Making use of your fingers, gently apply the conditioner on your hair, moving from the forehead to the end.
- Let the conditioner sit on your hair for a few minutes.
- Gently massage your hair, to let the conditioner spread well.
- Rinse off the conditioner, from your hair, with warm water.
- Now, squeeze out the excess water from your hair and wrap a towel around your head.
- In case your hair is oily, make sure to apply conditioner only on the ends.
- Protein-rich conditioners work best on damaged hair.
- Go for moisturizing or intensive-care conditioners if you have dry hair.
- If you have fine hair, it is advisable to use conditioners labeled acidifiers.
- Conditioners with conditioning oils and moisturizers are best for dry hair.
- If you use blow dryers, curling irons or straightening irons too much, go for conditioners labeled as thermal protectors.
- Reconstructing conditioners are regarded as best for thinning hair or hair prone to breakage.
- If you are suffering from the problem of frizzy hair, try using conditioner labeled as glossers.