- Lifestyle Lounge
- Beauty & Fashion
While chest hair is considered the symbol of masculinity by most men, others consider it yet another unwanted growth of hair on the body. If you are also one amongst the latter type, wishing to get rid of chest hair, then we would suggest you to opt for the waxing technique. Painful though, waxing is considered one of the most effective ways to remove chest hair. Apart from being economical, the technique ensures that the hair doesn't grow back for a long time. With the instructions given in the lines below, you will learn how to wax chest hair.
Waxing Your Chest Hair
- Wax heater
- Spatula/ Blunt Knife
- Cloth Strips
- Soft Towel
- It will be painful if you rip your chest hair that is more than 2 inches long. Therefore, you need to trim your chest hair before attempting to wax them. The trimmed hair should not be shorter than ½ inch as well; otherwise they will not be waxed properly. To trim the hair, set the clippers on a low setting. This will prepare your chest hair for waxing.
- After the chest hair gets trimmed to the required length, it is the time to prepare the wax. Heat the wax, in wax heater, to a temperature that is tolerable by the skin on your chest. It should be slightly hotter than lukewarm.
- Now, spread the wax in an even manner on your chest hair, going with the growth of the hair, using a stainless steel spatula.
- Almost immediately after spreading the wax, spread a cloth strip over it, smoothening the latter with your hand, in the direction you applied wax.
- Now, pull the strips swiftly, going against the growth of the hair, removing the hair off your chest.
- After all the hair is removed from your chest, wipe the area with a soft towel, dipped in cool water. Now, apply a light moisturizer.
- Do not heat the wax too much, because the delicate skin of the chest would not be able to tolerate the high temperature.
- Do not apply deodorant or moisturizing lotion before waxing. The moisture in the products would make it difficult to remove the hair from your chest.
- Avoid using deodorant immediately after waxing your chest hair. It will lead to a burning sensation and might lead to rash as well.
- Wear clothes of natural fabrics, such as cotton, for the next few hours after waxing.