It is said that the 'eyes of a person serve as a window to his/her soul'. While this statement might or might not be regarded as true by all the people, it is surely a fact that whenever we look at a person, it is his/her eyes that get our attention at the very first instance. Probably, this is the reason why females use so many makeup items to accentuate their eyes - eyeliner, kajal, mascara, eye-shadow, highlighters, and so on. One amongst the most popular eye accessories comprises of fake lashes, which enhance the overall appearance of the face as well. In the following lines, we have provided directions on how to apply fake lashes.
Image: Marina D. Sandoval@flickr
Putting On Fake Eyelashes
- Fake Eyelashes
- Eyelash Glue
- Eyelash Curler
- First of all, check out whether the fake lashes are the same size as your eyes or broader. In the latter case, use a scissor to trim them from one side. Always cut lash by lash, so that you do not end up trimming more than what is required.
- Take some of the eyelash glue and spread it on a flat surface. Hold the eyelashes with the help of tweezers and run their edge along the glue.
- Now, gently blow on the eyelashes, from edge to edge, so that the glue gets set, somewhat.
- Still holding them with tweezers, place the lashes as close to the baseline of your own eyelashes, as you can.
- Applying slight pressure press the fake eyelashes, from end to end, and then hold them in place for 30 seconds.
- After the glue on your lashes becomes dry, apply dark-colored eyeliner (say black) to cover the line of the fake lashes.
- Making use of eyelash curler, give a more natural look to your eyelashes and follow it with mascara application.
- Even if you are planning to apply individual lashes, the directions mentioned above will work well. Just remember to start applying them from the outer eye corner and move inwards.
- You should remove the fake lashes with the help of the special powder given along with them. Otherwise, you can make use of a wet cloth, dipped in warm water, or petroleum jelly for the purpose.
- If you want to retain the shape of your fake eyelashes for a long time, make sure to keep them in the original packaging, after every use.