Can you relate the ‘treasure hunting’ with your bathroom? Does it take a lot of time for you to search the shampoo bottle or the soap in your bathroom? Actually, nothing in the bathroom influences the functioning and looks of a bathroom more than the cabinets. The cluttery look of the bathroom can be changed by just installing a bathroom cabinet. Bathroom cabinets are not just user friendly but also perk up the look of the bathroom and give it an instant lift. It provides the storage space for your necessary items and gives an organized look to your bathroom. However, you don’t have to call the hardware guys if you want to install bathroom cabinets; you can do it yourself and you don’t need a degree for that. Installing a bathroom cabinet may look like a tough job it is actually quite easy. Read on the tips give below to know how to install bathroom cabinets.
Tips For Installing Bathroom Cabinets
- Bathroom cabinets come in basically two different forms- base cabinets and wall cabinets. As the name itself suggests, base cabinets sit on floor and wall cabinets hang on the walls. Depending on the choice and the space available, decide whether you want to go for base, wall, or both cabinets.
- After you have decided, you need to measure the available floor and wall space where you could fix the wall and base cabinets. With the help of a measuring tape, measure the available space for the cabinet. The space should not block the way and it should not make the bathroom look cramped.
- Record the measurement on a piece of paper. You would need a cabinet of the size of the Check for the storage space inside the cabinets. It should have enough storage space to store all your bathing stuffs.
- If you are opting for wall cabinet, you will also need to determine the location where the wall studs will go. Tap lightly on the bathroom wall with a hammer and if it sounds hollow, mark it with a pencil. You can fasten the studs on these places to attach your cabinet.
- It may be difficult to choose the cabinet for your bathroom when there are loads to choose from. Choose the one, which is best suitable for your bathroom. For instance, if your bathroom is small, opt for a small base cabinet. However if your bathroom is very big then you could go for both wall and base cabinets. In any case, match the color of your cabinets with the wall of the bathroom.
- The bathroom cabinets should be made up of woods from maple, oak and cherry, as these are sturdier to moisture and humidity.
- Check out the wall too if you are planning to install wall cabinets. The walls, which you are using for installing the cabinet, should be smooth and leveled.
- Now using a measuring tape and level, measure to ensure that the anchors would be straight and leveled. Attach it securely, on the marks of the studs. You would need a hammer to attach it properly without aligning to any sides.
- You could also color the cabinets before installing them. If you want to color the cabinets, color them in colors to match your bathroom. If your bathroom doesn’t get much natural light, color them in crisp white, linen, aqua blue, leaf green etc. you can also color your bathroom cabinets in gold and taupe to give an airy and classic look.
- Now install the cabinet on the support. They should be straight and sturdy and should not fall once things are placed in them.
- After the cabinet is placed, you can give the finishing touch and install any hardware and the doors etc which has come with the cabinets.