Whether it is the liking for the enticing aroma and flavor or just because of habit, drinking coffee is something that many of us can't resist. After enjoying a nice cup of coffee, not many of us care to floss, because we would want to retain its enticing taste in the mouth, until we have the next brew. We should not forget that like any other beverage, coffee also contributes to the build up of bacteria in the oral cavities and gives rise to bad breath. Check out the useful tips given in the lines below and learn how to get rid of coffee breath.
Getting Rid Of Coffee Breath
- Brush your teeth after having a cup of coffee. Apply very little amount of toothpaste on your index finger and use it to scrub your teeth, to remove the sulfurous compounds that stick to the mouth. This will prevent the bacteria from breeding in your teeth cavities. For complete oral hygiene, brush your tongue as well.
- Develop the habit of flossing your mouth after having any and every beverage, except mineral water. This process helps get rid of the bacteria hidden in the hard-to-reach places of your mouth and stops bad breath, including the one that results from drinking coffee.
- Gargling with a mouthwash can help a great deal in getting rid of coffee breath. A mouthwash removes bacteria from the cavities, banishes bad odor and gives you a mint-fresh breath. Dilute a few drops of mouthwash in cool water. Put the mixture in your mouth for about two minutes. Using your tongue, move the liquid in your mouth slowly, so that it reaches every nook and corner. Spit it out and then rinse your mouth with plain water.
- A quick solution to stop the coffee breath forming inside your mouth is to gulp down a glass of mineral water. This is especially applicable when you are not able to use toothpaste or mouthwash.
- Mints also work well in refreshing your mouth. After having a cup of coffee, chew a mint-flavored candy or chewing gum. You may also chew mint leaves or parsley.
- Mouth spray can remove the temporary build up of coffee breath in your mouth, quite effectively. You can get them in a variety of flavors, including spearmint, cinnamon and peppermint. After you have coffee, just squirt the spray in your mouth and enjoy a fresh breath.