Have you been lately complaining of stinking breath and finding difficulty in maintaining good oral hygiene? Accept it or not, bad breath is embarrassing. But, nonetheless, bad breath, also known as halitosis, can be avoided by following proper dental care and oral health. One of the most detrimental conditions faced by a person, bad breath can affect his personal and social progress due to significant embarrassment and self-consciousness. There are several causes of bad breath, such as foods, smoking, dry mouth, alcohol, lung infection, throat infection, medical conditions, gum disease and sinus conditions. However, bad breath can be treated with the use of some effective home remedies. Browse on further to learn how to get rid of bad breath naturally.
How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath Naturally
- An effective mouthwash, apple cider vinegar is useful for providing a long-lasting relief from bad breath. Dilute ½ tablespoon of vinegar into a glass of water. Gargle with this diluted water, keeping the solution in your mouth for about 10 seconds at a time.
- Baking soda is regarded as another fantastic remedy for treating bad breath, as it changes the pH (acidity) level of the mouth causing less formation of odor-causing bacteria. Apply some baking soda onto your toothbrush and brush. Rinse thereafter. You can also purchase toothpastes that contain baking soda in limited quantities.
- Usually, bad breath is caused due to a dry mouth. Hence, keep your mouth moist by eating citrus fruits high in citric acid, such as orange, lemon, or grapefruit. Apart from stimulating the saliva, citrus fruits improve the breath and reduce the odor-causing bacteria.
- Tea tree oil is one of the best natural cures for bad breath. While applying toothpaste onto your toothbrush, add a drop of the oil onto the paste. Brush as usual.
- Tea tree oil is also effective when used as a mouthwash. Dilute 3 drops of the oil into a cup of warm water. Gargle twice or thrice a day, preferably after your meals.
- Regular consumption of fenugreek seeds tea is also highly effective in reducing bad breath. Add one teaspoon of the seeds into ½ a liter of water. Simmer the water on a low flame for about 15 minutes. Strain the liquid and consume it as tea.
- Studies have declared avocado a far more superior remedy than any other lotion or mouthwash for curing bad breath. Intestinal putrefaction or decomposition is one of the major causes of bad breath which is effectively reduced by consuming avocados.
- Grab some dried coriander leaves and chew on them. This remedy is very effective in getting rid of bad breath mainly caused due to consuming onions and garlic.
- Take some pomegranate peels and dry them in the shade. Grind them to a fine powder. Dilute 3 grams of the powder into a glass of water and consume it two times a day: in the morning and evening. You can use the water for gargling as well.
- Mix two teaspoons of mustard oil with ½ teaspoon of common salt. Apply the mixture into your mouth and roll it around to reach all the mouth parts. Keep spitting the collected saliva. After about half an hour, spit out all that’s collected in the mouth and rinse with fresh water.