You might get appalled by the idea itself of decorating the cubicle. Decorating the cubicle doesn’t translate it to adding all the pink and frills you have. It just means the place where you spend most of your day should have an inspiring effect on you. It should make you feel at home and motivate you to work better. A boring cubicle might proclaim professionalism but it is hardly exciting. You may enjoy what you do but a boring and lifeless cubicle may spell doom to your enthusiasm. Actually when you work in the environment where you are happy and you feel at home, your productivity increases and you stay alert for longer time. Personalizing your workspace can give a flow to your creativity and help you enjoy your work better. Explore the following pointers to know the tips for decorating your cubicle and to make it more attractive and fun.
Tips For Decorating Your Cubicle
- Before you plunge into any kind of decoration, fish through office guidelines about how much of a decoration is permitted. Check whether other people in your office have done so.
- If you are allowed to change the color of the wall of your cubicle then, go for something vibrant and inspiring for the cubicle walls. However if you work in a conservative environment, making too many changes in the cubicle may mark you unprofessional.
- Take two to three family photographs and keep it on your desk. Stick to only a few photos and don’t keep too intimate photographs on your desk.
- Take plants to your cubicle. Plants on the windowsill of your cubicle will keep them alive and bring freshness inside your cubicle. Take small and easy to care for plants and make sure they don’t wilt or die. Plants like croton, peace lily, caladium and small cacti are good choices for your cubicle.
- You can also paste inspirational motivational quotes in your cubicle. It will not only inspire you, it will also impress your colleagues and superiors.
- Invest in a colorful desk lamp to add a dash of color to your desk.
- You can also keep some Feng Shui elements in your cubicle like a painting of a waterfall or adding a mini waterfall to your desk etc.
- You can also decorate your cubicle with a calendar with a photograph of your favorite subject like calendar with charcoal painting, fast cars etc.
- Bring your own coffee cup to add the personal elements to your cubicle. Choose a coffee mug which has interesting quotes or funny pictures on it.
- Don’t add anything that is racist or derogatory to anyone even though it might be funny for you. You make come out as a jerk and completely unprofessional in front of your co-workers.
- Instead of going with loads of smaller visual elements, stick with only one element.
- A nice and colorful paperweight will also add vibrant color to your desk. Having a cool pen stand is also a good option for you.
- You can also change your mouse pad with your favorite color. Just hunt in for cubicle accessories in stores like pottery barn for products of your choice.
- You can also add a bulletin board to your cubicle and you can decorate it with different colors and themes.
- A candy dish plate will make your desk look inviting and will even get friends for you.
- Remember that ‘less is more’ for your cubicle and stick to it. You don’t want to look it amateurish.