Our bedroom is not only the place where we sleep at night and rest our weary mind as well as body. Rather, it serves as our retreat from the outside world, where we come to get some peace and quiet. Thus, it is very necessary to decorate and furnish it in a way that adds a lot of warmth to the overall ambience. One of the best ways to make your bedroom look cozier comprises of adding a bed canopy. In case you are not aware of how to create a bed canopy, we are here at your service. Go through the following lines and get all the information that you desire, in relation to making a bed canopy.
Making A Bed Canopy
- 3 standard Cafe Curtain Rods
- Tape Measure
- Screw Driver
- Sheer Curtain Panels
- In order to make a canopy for your bed, you will first have to buy curtain panels for the same. In order to buy the right-size panels, you will need to measure the distance from the ceiling to the floor.
- Next, you will have to decide on the color for the curtain panels. Try to go for one that matches the rest of the decor in your bedroom. Otherwise, they would look very odd.
- While buying the curtain panels, it is also necessary to go for the right type of fabric. In majority of the cases, people go for light weight and sheer fabrics, such as silk and tulle.
- Now, take a decision on how far out do you want the curtains to extend on each side of the bed. This will determine the size of the cafe curtain rod that will be needed for each side.
- In order to ascertain the size of the curtain rod that will be needed for behind the bed, you will have to measure the width of the bed. Now, multiply the number with two.
- The figure arrived in the previous step will be the width of the curtains needed for each rod, to prove proper fullness. The number of curtains panels that you would need will depend on the size of the curtain rod.
- Following the manufacturer's instructions that have come with the cafe curtain rods, start installing them.
- The curtain rods meant for each side of the bed will be installed on the ceiling, starting at the wall. As for the curtain rod meant for behind the bed, it will be installed directly to the wall.
- While installing the curtain rods, make sure that that each end of the rod behind the bed meets the rods installed on the ceiling.
- Finally, you have to install the curtain panels to each rod and allow them to hang freely. You will need to ensure that each curtain rod is completely covered with fabric.
- If you so desire, you can use rope or beads to tie back the side curtain panels, allowing some more light over the bed area.