Pork tenderloin, also known as pork cutlet, is one of the leanest, tastiest and healthiest meats available from the pig. It is a meat cut from along the top of the rib cage of the animal. The meat is tender to touch, since this part of the pig does not do any physical work during its lifetime. Hence, the meat is juicy, healthy and less fatty. Unlike other pork recipes, pork tenderloin is very easy to prepare and also adds very less saturated fat to your daily intake. There are two classic ways to prepare pork tenderloin - grilling and roasting. Whether grilled or roasted, pork cutlets turn out to be a perfect dinner recipe for any fancy occasion. Read through the following lines to know how to cook pork tenderloin.
Pork Cutlet Recipes
Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh Ginger Root (minced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 4 tsp Ketchup
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 (1 pound) Pork Tenderloins
- Hot Cooked Rice
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine together honey, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, ginger root, garlic cloves, ketchup, onion powder, cinnamon and cayenne pepper.
- Pour half of the marinade into a large re-sealable plastic bag and add the pork tenderloins.
- Seal the bag and turn to coat the meat with the marinade. Refrigerate the meat for about eight hours, turning occasionally.
- Pour the remaining marinade in a separate bowl with a lid and refrigerate it.
- After the stipulated time, drain the meat and discard the marinade.
- Grill the meat, uncovered, over indirect medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes for each side, basting the meat with the remaining reserved marinade.
- Continue grilling till the meat thermometer reads 160 °F and juices run clear. Allow the meat to stand fro 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
Rosemary Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- ½ cup Apple Juice Concentrate
- ¼ cup Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup fresh Rosemary (chopped)
- 8 cloves Garlic (minced)
- ¾ tsp Pepper (coarsely ground)
- 3 (1 pound) Pork Tenderloin
- Take a large bowl and combine together apple juice concentrate, Dijon mustard, rosemary, garlic and pepper. Remove 1/3 cup of the mixture and reserve in a bowl. Cover it with a lid and refrigerate.
- Place the pork tenderloin in a large re-sealable plastic bag and add the rest 2/3 of the marinade. Seal the bag and turn to coat the meat well. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, remove the meat and discard the marinade.
- Next, coat a roasting pan with cooking oil.
- Place the pork tenderloin in the pan and pour the reserved marinade.
- Bake the meat, uncovered, at 350 °F for about 40 to 45 minutes, till the meat thermometer inserted reads 160 °F.
- Allow the meat to stand for about 10 minutes and slice thereafter.