- Lifestyle Lounge
- Beauty & Fashion
Unlike women, men do not enjoy much variety, when it comes to their wardrobe. Though they have a choice between different colors, style and fabrics, they do not have much to experiment with the kind of apparels and attires they wear. This makes them highly conscious about their clothing, which they want to be perfect by all means. The same can be said for pants, which forms an integral part of any man's wardrobe. In effect, while buying men's pants, one should be very careful about a number of things in order to make the right pick. If you are still wondering how to buy men's pants, read the tips given below.
Tips to Buy Men's Pants
- Pants for men are available in a variety of styles, cuts and fabrics. So one should choose very wisely to meet his personal requirements.
- In case you are looking for a particular fabric, always ask how and why a particular fabric is different or better than another. This would give you an insight into the nature of the different fabrics that are available and will in turn help you to make your choice. Some fabrics offer features like ‘wrinkle resistance’ or claim to be ‘wrinkle-free.' However, don't just go by the name and check the fabric content of such pants as they may include a blend of synthetic materials, making them hot to wear in warm weather or may even cause skin allergies.
- Another thing to be looked out for is quality finish and stitching. While making your pick check if the seams are neat, even and straight. Moreover, the stitching should be evenly placed. If possible ask for pants that use cotton threads for stitching. Also check for pockets, which should be neatly aligned on both sides with no wrinkles appearing at any of the pant's seams, either at pocket joints, side seams, in the back or in the crotch.
- Make sure the fabric and style suits you perfectly. For warm areas and climate, choose cottons and wrinkle free fabrics. For cooler areas and climates, select a warmer wool blend. Besides, style is a personal characteristic, which defines one's comfort and sense of fashion. In case you are skeptical about a radical new style, wait for few months before trying it out.
- Remember, pleats and flat fronts are the two main style elements in men's pants. While choosing amongst the two, keep in mind that pleats are considered more formal than flat fronts and are usually better suited for office and formal wear. Moreover, flat fronts go well with side pockets rather than horizontal front pockets.
- Color is also a deciding factor as it defines the occasion, for which the pants would be appropriate. Grays, blues and black colors are best suited for formal occasions. Browns and other such shades can come next in preference. On the contrary, lighter colors are best suited for informal lounge and beachwear.
- Texture also says a lot about the overall look of the pants. Rough textures are generally considered more informal while smooth finished textures appeal more for formal occasions. You can even opt for a style - texture - color combination for yourself.
- While buying men's pants off the rack make sure you try different pairs from the same manufacturer as each differs in standards for fit and style.