On a perfectly cold day, all you would want is to snuggle in a blanket with your sweetheart. However, what if you got a date on a winter day? What would you do? Go out with an elderly pullover or cancel the date just because you don’t have a cute jacket? Jackets are very essential things in winter. It not only increases your style quotient but keeps you warm as well. Jackets save you from heavy snow fall and sometimes even from rain. There are a million varieties of jackets in the shops and it is your responsibility to choose the right one for you. It should be a long term investment. You may have a million doubts about how to go about it but there are as much as million solutions for choosing the right one for you. Read on to know how to buy a winter jacket.
How To Find Good Winter Jacket
Basic Tips For Selecting A Jacket
- A good winter jacket is an expensive thing. So you should make the best selection.
- Carefully look for low quality constructions problems such as hanging threads, exposed linings, damaged zips, or loose buttons. Never buy jackets with these damages.
- It would be a wise decision if you choose a shape which complements your body.
- You can spend as much as affordable for nice jacket because this is a long time investment. It’s better to choose high quality brand products.
- Check how the jacket fits you. If you feel a little uncomfortable in it, put it back in the shop and try to find another one.
- So don't choose trendy jackets because you can't wear it next winter just because of its outdated design and color pattern.
- Choose a jacket with a timeless cut and neutral color that goes with the colors of most clothes you have in your wardrobe.
Different Kind Of Jackets
- For millions of years, people are using wool for its warming quality. This water resistant jacket will keep you warm even when it is wet outside.
- Wool garments are usually dry clean. If you have only a shoestring budget, it may not be a good option.
- Choose a wool coat, which is well lined. The low quality woolen garment may irritate your skin.
- It repels water to some extent. It can keep you warm in wet conditions.
- Fleece consumes the best qualities of wool in a lighter-weight alternative.
- Most of fleece jackets are machine washable.
- Down jackets, provide higher degree of warmth to your body. They are lightweight when compare to the degree of heat they provide.
- Down jackets are not the best options in damp climates because it has the high probability to get wet.
- On the other hand, wool gets extremely heavy, takes a long time to dry, and can tend it tends to clump and loses the insulating properties.
- Hard shell jackets are waterproof and can keep you safe from heavy snow and hard rain.
- It could clean up the moisture created by human body.
- Use soft shell jackets if you are using it for jogging and other athletic kind of exercises because it can provide better movement and breathing ability.
- A Leather jacket has so many advantages. It is quite durable, windproof and waterproof.
- Use wet cloth to clean spills and dirt to keep the jacket shiny and moisturized.
- It’s easy to clean but needs special care.