It is vital to take proper care of your skin, to keep it healthy and glowing. Coating the skin with cosmetics and such other products can interfere with its breathing process. It is said that the skin takes in oxygen and releases carbon dioxide to the environment. In fact, around 1% of carbon dioxide is released by the skin every one hour, which is equivalent to that released by the lung during the same time. Hence, it needs a lot of pampering and care, especially as your age progresses. One of the main drawbacks of ageing is sagging skin, where the skin loses its resilience and elasticity. The condition gets even worse if there is lack of proper hydration, leading to the breakdown of the collagen layer. Although it is impossible to reverse the process of ageing and regain your former youthful skin, you can definitely take steps to slow down the process and keep your skin looking dewy, young and fresh. Given below are certain steps, which can help you know how to fix dull sagging skin.
Dull, Sagging Skin Treatments & Remedies
- A good skin care regime is a must if you want to feel younger and healthier. You should not only follow the regime sincerely and regularly, but should also make modifications based on the demands of your skin.
- Start by viewing your skin as a living organ and moisturize regularly, to keep the cells under the surface swelled and active. One of the prime methods for rehydrating your skin is by drinking ample of water. Water acts as a natural body detoxifier and purifier, as it helps to remove the toxins and waste materials from the body. Apart from this, it also helps revitalize and oxygenate the skin, leading to its natural health and wellness. This is manifested in the form of a glowing and radiant skin.
- Avoid regular and prolonged exposure to sun radiations, as sunburned skin is more prone to develop wrinkles within a short duration. Hence, it is advisable to use shades, hats and ample of sunscreen lotions, while coming under direct sunlight. However, to keep the skin healthy, a minimal sun exposure of 10 minutes per day is recommended by skin specialists and dermatologists.
- Eat healthy. It is very essential to incorporate a healthy diet consisting of fruits and vegetables, to maintain firm and toned skin. Strictly avoid the consumption of alcoholic beverages and smoking. Also, include plenty of rest in your daily routine. Try to get about 8 to 9 hours of continuous sleep at night. Tired skin looks more dull and lifeless than fully rested one.
- Prior to getting any cosmetic products, gets a proper examination by a dermatologist, regarding your skin type and texture. Use products that suit the texture and type of your skin.
- Usage of a regular exfoliating scrub and face peels will help to remove dead skin cells, thereby enabling your skin to breathe properly. However, over exfoliating is not advisable, as this can damage your skin and cause dryness.
- Microdermabrasion is another process by which you can add firmness to your skin. This is a manual technique, in which the skin is gently exfoliated, using mild physical abrasives, often followed by the usage of a cream that stimulates collagen growth and cellular regeneration. This is a great way to fix sagging skin problem and is often done under prescription from a dermatologist. Apart from this, laser treatments or infrared rays are used today to take care of this condition.