‘Whoa!! Just look at her eyes! They are so flashy and catty’. Whether it’s the sexy and sensational Angelina Jolie or the sultry Bipasha Basu, cat eyes have been a rage with film stars and adorned the red carpet for ages. Getting the cat eye look is the best way to make you look provocative and appealing at the same time. It defines your eyes perfectly, making you (or I should say your eyes) the talk of the town. With just a few basic makeup items, you can achieve the cat-eye look. However, remember, this is no less than a work of art and chances are you might not get it right in the first go. Nonetheless, just as we know patience and perseverance pays, make sure you do it slowly and steadily and you would surely hit the jackpot. In the following lines, we have provided tips on how to do a simple cat eye.
Tips To Create Simple Cat Eye
- Eye Shadows, skin colored and taupe brown
- Black kohl Eye Liner
- Black Liquid Liner
- Cotton Swab
- Makeup Brush
- First of all, you need to apply a skin-colored eye shadow all over your lid, heavily concentrating it in the inner corner of your eye. The inner corner is the one that is closest to the nose and in the shape of a ‘V’.
- Now, apply taupe colored eye shadow in the crease of the lid and extend it up, onto the brow bone. Apply the eye shadow gently to get an even effect.
- Starting from the inner corner of your eye, barely touching the pen to your lash line, slowly drag the eyeliner towards the outer corner of your eye. This is mainly done to make your line as close to the lashes as possible. Remember, you can fatten a thin line later, but cannot thin a fat line.
- As you reach the edge, flick your wrist slightly towards your temple. Do not worry about the length of the flick as it can be taken care of in the later stages. Instead, make sure that the placement of the wing is well done.
- Connect that line by drawing it toward your lower lash line. Fill in the gap where the line connects.
- Using black kohl, line your waterline, so that the whole look seems to be uniform.
- Wipe away any excess makeup with the help of a sponge or a cotton swab. In case the makeup is too loud, just wipe gently, to tone down the shade. Gently wiping your outline will give it a softer look that bends in with the eye shadow base.
- Now open both the eyes and assess your look. In case the wings are uneven, take a cotton swab and balance your wings in an upward motion.
- You need to choose between the two types of eyeliner available in the market. You can either go for the liquid liner or select a pot liner that has a thin, angled brush.
- At the time of choosing the liquid eye liner, get one with the shortest pen tip. Remember, the shorter the tip, the more control you would have.
- Do not lift your eyebrows to expose your lash line or eyelid, when you're applying eye makeup.
- You can add mascara to get a wide-eyed look.
- To nullify or tone down the look of the entire face, use neutral lip shades. However, if you want to portray a glam-sham look, just go for a dark lipstick.