Every time a woman with thick, long hair passes by, the green-eyed monster starts creeping up in you. You look at your own strands and wish that you too had such hair. You start feeling a little low and blame your genes for the same. Before you start feeling that you are behaving a bit weird, let me tell you that this kind of situation is common to a lot of people with weak and thin hair. Many-a-times, people tend to associate beautiful hair with the genes of their parents, attributing a much lesser role of other things, like proper nutrients and supplements. But, proper diet, regular piling and proper supplements can go a long way in helping you maintain healthy and thick strands. In case you want to know some more tips on how to get thicker hair naturally, read on.
Natural Home Remedies For Thicker Hair
Massage your hair at least once a week, with warm olive or coconut oil. Do a gentle massage by rubbing the oil on the scalp, in small circular motions. You can even dip a towel in hot water, squeeze out the excess water from it and wrap it around your hair. This process will help the oil reach hair follicles, making your hair strong, thick and healthy.
Using IndianGooseberry (Amla) is also a nice way to get thick hair, as it promotes hair growth. Cut gooseberry in small pieces and boil it with coconut oil; strain the oil and apply it on your hair. If the gooseberry is not available in natural form, get the powdered form and soak it overnight in boiled water. Apply it on your hair in the morning and rinse it after an hour. You can even boil its pieces in water and use the strained liquid to rinse your hair after a head bath.
Traditional Indian henna is a boon for hair, as serves as a great conditioner and even endorses hair growth. Make a paste of henna by adding enough water and gooseberry powder and leave it overnight. Apply it on your hair in the morning and keep for at least an hour, before rinsing it out. Repeat this process every month, to boost healthy hair growth.
Using egg yolk on hair will make them look shiny and healthy. Beat a raw egg well and apply it on your scalp. You can also mix it with castor oil and then massage it on the head. When it dries up, wash your hair with shampoo and rinse it with water, to which vinegar (2 tsp) has been added. This will help you get rid of egg smell.
Fenugreek seeds or ‘methi’ can prevent hair loss and help in boosting hair growth. Soak the seeds overnight in water and grind them it in the morning, to make a thick paste. Apply the paste on your hair and rinse it off with water, after half an hour.
- Take a diet rich in vitamins and minerals, to get long and thick hair. It is advisable to have fruits, vegetables, raisins, milk, and eggs in ample amount.
- Shampoo your hair not more than once a day, as the process extracts natural oil from the hair. Besides this, try going for natural and organic products, instead of getting lured by fancy advertisements.
- Don’t go use curlers, straighteners, dryers, gels and similar other products in excess, as they will end up making your hair weak, thin and dry.
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water everyday, to excrete harmful toxins from the body. This will also act as a catalyst in your hair growth.
- Drape your hair when you are outside your home, to save them from harsh sunlight, pollution and dust.
- Never wash your hair with warm water, as it will make them weak and promote hair breakage.
- Comb your hair gently, with a wide-toothed brush or comb, as it prevents hair breakage.
- Most importantly, stay happy and stress free; it will make you and your hair healthy.