Who does not want thick, healthy and lustrous locks bouncing beautifully on their shoulders? The very thought of having healthy and thick hair brings a smile to your face and a sparkle in your eyes, isn’t it? But reality bites hard and your hair are not really as thick and healthy as you would want it to be. There is always hope, so don’t despair! Thin hair can be made to grow thicker provided you are ready to make some changes in your present lifestyle. With a few simple considerations in mind, you are on your way to having thick and healthy hair! Read on for some simple tips.
How to Make Hair Grow Thick
- The emphasis is laid on the importance of healthy diet. For thick and healthy hair, you need to have an intake of healthy and balanced diet. Try taking a balanced diet that contains nutritious food and do not skip meals. Make sure your diet contains enough proteins and include fresh vegetables, eggs, fruits and nuts in your daily intake.
- Take a multi-vitamin every day. More often than not, it so happens that our body is not able to get the desired vitamins on a daily basis. A good multi vitamin tablet that provides essential vitamins for overall development should suffice.
- Do not wash your hair daily as it leads to breakage of hair and weakening of the roots. If you have extremely oily hair, consider washing on alternate days and minimize the use of shampoo. If the scalp is too dry, it leads to hair thinning as the naturally produced oil is essential for the hair to grow.
- Avoid brushing or combing your hair when it is wet. Let it dry naturally and untangle with your fingers or a wide-toothed comb to get rid of the stubborn tangles and then comb gently.
- Massage definitely works and gently massaging the scalp with your fingertips for 10 minutes daily will ensure your hair grows thicker. Massaging promotes increased blood circulation on the head that will lead to healthier and faster growth of hair.
- Do not treat your hair to harsh chemicals like hair colors or perms or straightening solutions. This tends to deteriorate the quality of hair and makes it all the more weak and thin. So be happy with your natural hair and try to make it healthy for that gorgeous shine!
Thicken Your Hair Naturally
Egg: In order to make your hair thick and healthy, you have to give your hair protein treatment from time to time. The best and natural ingredient to use for protein treatment for hair is egg. Take an egg and crack it open in a bowl. Beat it properly to make a fine solution and then apply this on freshly washed hair. Let it sit on your hair for 20 minutes. Then wash your hair with warm water. You can pour some lemon juice and water solution on your hair after the treatment––that is if the foul smell of the egg bothers you. You can use this treatment three to four times a week on your hair to make them thick and lustrous.
Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek seeds help in preventing the hair fall and give your hair the right nutrition to make them thick and long. For a fenugreek seed treatment on your hair: take two tablespoon of fenugreek seeds and soak them in water overnight. It will now be easy for you to make a paste out of the soaked fenugreek. Apply it on your scalp and let it dry for 30 minutes. After that, wash your hair properly with lukewarm water. This treatment will give you the right nourishment to enjoy thick hair. You can also use the water, in which you soaked the seeds, to rinse your hair in order to get rid of the dandruff and other dry scalp related issues. If using fenugreek seeds paste leaves your hair too dry then you can mix the paste with some yogurt and apply it to your hair. Yogurt will give your hair the required conditioning.
Aloe Vera: Aloe vera is one of the most popular ingredients used in skincare and hair care products all over the world. It is because of its high nutritious value. To make your hair healthy and thick you can extract the gel from few aloe vera leaves and rub the gel on your scalp. Leave the gel on your hair for 30 minutes and then rinse your hair with lukewarm water. Alternatively, mix aloe vera gel, egg and a little bit of brandy together; apply this mixture to your hair and let it sit for 15 minutes. Wash it off with shampoo and luke warm water. You can use this treatment once a week and notice a considerable change in the thickness of your hair.
Indian Gooseberry: Indian Gooseberry is a magic drug for hair. It is an antioxidant that helps your hair to breathe better and also it is anti-bacterial in nature, which means that it has the property to fight against any infection or germs that might affect your hair. Take a tablespoon of dried gooseberry and boil it in 2-3 tablespoon of coconut oil. After straining the oil, massage it on your scalp. You can leave this oil in your hair overnight and then wash it off with shampoo next morning. You can also leave the dried gooseberry in water overnight and then after straining, rinse your hair with it the next morning.