Love is like a river that exists with the back up of two banks, Safety, and trust. If these two are there, the love will last long and will run smoothly. In fact, both safety and trust are interlinked. Safety is the feeling you get when you have trust. To trust on somebody else, you need to first trust in yourself, which is a tough task. That is the only reason you start suspecting and loose trust on your partner. There is an old saying, “where there is no trust, there is no love”. Are you also in the same trouble? Do not be stop, go ahead and learn how to build trust in your relationship.
Why Do You Lack In Trust?
There are two kinds of thoughts, which play a terrific role in demolishing trust. You keep thinking about your past pain (whether with this person or others) and link it with imaginary negative events that have not happened. Every time your mind starts making up rough and rude stories that involve abandonment, guilt, jealousy. You cannot build trust until and unless you get back to this very moment and distinguish the past, the future, and the present. What you need to do is to focus on your wishes and to focus on ‘now’. If you do the same, no doubt you are going to build a trust that will last long.
Building Trust in Relationships
- Identify yourself and make sure that your partner knows it too. Do not be hesitant in knowing yourself. Until you are comfortable within yourself, you cannot trust anyone.
- Build self-respect. When you do it as a person, you give your partner a good reason to believe that you will respect him or her.
- Practice what you preach. If your partner finds that you do whatever you say, it becomes easy to trust on you.
- Rather than keeping something in mind, share it with your partner. Do not let the misunderstandings develop between you. Instead communicate with your partner and try to solve it as soon as possible.
- Your partner must have a reason to trust you. Share the experience of your day. Discuss about your plans for the future. Constant communication builds trust.
- Stay cool. You easily trust even a stranger if he or she makes a wrong statement against your partner. Think over it; where there is no trust, there is no love. Talk to your partner calmly and clear all doubts.
- Maximum communication is needed. Talk to each other about everything, not just about the important things.
- You need to compromise somewhere so get ready for it. Sometimes your partner might not in a good mood, listen to him or her carefully rather answering at the same time. Get him or her memorized when he or she looks well.
If you take care of these things, your love will last long because you have already built trust in your relationship. Do remember, “trust in a relationship is like oxygen in atmosphere.”