Vegetables form a very important part of your daily diet, providing your body with the necessary nutrients to keep it healthy. There are many ways in which you can consume veggies - raw, steamed and baked or roasted. In case you feel that baked vegetables turn out to be bland, you can flavor them with seasoning, thereby enriching their taste and aroma. As you bake the seasoned vegetables, the heat will make the different seasonings combine with the juices of your veggies and make them delicious. If you still have no clue as to how you should bake vegetables, the article will be very handy. Go through the following lines and know the best way to bake vegetables.
Baked Vegetable Recipe
- Baking Pan
- Aluminum Foil (optional)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Non-Stick Spray
- First of all, you need to preheat your oven to 400 deg F.
- Get the vegetables of your choice and wash them properly, under running tap water.
- Drain the water from the vegetables and let them dry well. The next step would be to chop them according to the desired shape and size. Remember, smaller pieces mean shorter baking time, while larger pieces take longer to cook.
- After chopping the vegetables, it is the time to season them.
- Take a medium bowl and put all the chopped vegetables in it.
- Add the seasoning of your choice, right from the compulsory salt and pepper to the optional parsley, celery, rosemary, garlic and ginger.
- After adding the herbs, spices and other mixes to your vegetables, it is the time to pour in enough extra virgin olive oil to lightly coat each piece of the veggies. You can substitute the cooking oil with sunflower or soybean oil, as well.
- Stir the vegetables well, so as to ensure that they get evenly coated with the seasonings and the oil.
- Now, take a shallow baking pan with non-stick spray or line it with aluminum foil. You can also brush a thin layer of cooking oil in the baking pan.
- Put the seasoned vegetables in the baking pan and place it in the preheated oven, for about 10-20 minutes.
- Now, take out the pan from the oven and stir the vegetables. Poke a fork in one of the larger, firmer vegetable pieces.
- If the fork easily passes through vegetable, it means that it has been cooked properly.
- In case fork does not pass easily, place the pan back in the oven and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- You may peel the skin of the vegetables (which have hard skin) and leave the skin of tender veggies as such, before baking them.
- Generally, you need to wash the vegetables thoroughly under running water. In case of veggies like broccoli or cauliflower, immerse them in warm water for about 10 minutes, and then rinse them with normal tap water. This would clean such veggies thoroughly.