Vegetable soups are known for their health quotient. They are easy to digest, healthy and can be cooked in a short span of time, without much effort. They can be served as a starter or with a piece of hearty bread, as the main course. You can also do interesting innovations with the recipes of vegetable soups, according to your tastes and preferences. They are highly nutritious, assist in weight loss when substituted with a meal, are low in calories and make up a good diet for sick people. Soups complemented with salad make a good supper as they are filling foods. Read on and know how to make a hearty, healthy, nutrient-dense vegetable soup in a few minutes for your guests and family.
Vegetable Soup Recipes
- 50 gm Carrot, scraped and chopped
- 50 gm Cauliflower, chopped
- 200 gm Tomato, chopped
- 50 gm Butter
- 1 tbsp Oats
- 2 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 50 ml Milk
- 1 medium-sized Onion, chopped
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- 1tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 Green chilly
- 8 cup Water
- 5-6 Coriander Leaves, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry.
- Add vegetables, green chili, salt, 8 cups of water and let it boil.
- Add pepper powder and mash well, after the vegetables are cooked.
- Mix oats with milk and add to the soup.
- Lower the flame.
- Add coriander leaves to the soup.
- Remove from the flame, after it boils for a few minutes.
- Heat oil in another frying pan.
- Add onions and fry till golden in color.
- Transfer the fried onions to the soup and serve hot.
- 5-6 Green Onions
- 1/2 kg Tomatoes, diced or whole
- 6 cups Water
- 2 Green Bell Peppers
- 1 bunch Celery, sliced
- ½ head Cabbage, chopped
- Parsley, Garlic and Pepper, for seasoning
- Boil cabbage with all the above listed ingredients, barring the seasoning material on low flame.
- Add the seasoning to vegetable soup, about an hour before ready to eat.
- 2 tbsp Butter or Olive Oil
- 1 cup Onion, chopped
- ½ cup Celery, chopped
- 1 cup Carrot, chopped
- 2 cups Additional Vegetables, like green beans, zucchini, potatoes, tomatoes or turnips, chopped
- 5 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
- Place a saucepan over low heat and melt the butter or heat the olive oil.
- Add all the vegetables and sauté for about 10 minutes or until softened.
- Add in the stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables get tender when pierced with a fork.
- Open the lid, add parsley, salt and pepper and serve hot.
- You can add herbs like chives or marjoram to enhance the flavor of the soup.
- Add more stock, if the soup is too thick, to get the right consistency.
- Add pre-cooked noodles or rice to the soup immediately before serving.