Greens are the easiest way to attain good health. A healthy diet will always include lots of vegetables in it. This shows that vegetable consumption is important for the well-being of an individual. It provides you with all the nutrients required. One way in which you can take advantage of the health benefits of all sorts of vegetables is by including soup in your meal. Not only is soup good to eat, it also ensures that people get their daily requirement of vitamin-rich vegetables in an easy to digest form. Vegetables are low in calories and can therefore be enjoyed by dieters as well in various forms, soups being a healthy and tasty option. This article provides you with different homemade vegetable soup recipes.
Homemade Vegetable Soup Recipes
- 1 leaf Cabbage
- ½ Capsicum
- 1 small Onion
- 1 small Carrot
- ¼ Tomato
- 1 small Cauliflower
- 1 leaf Spinach stem
- 1 French Bean
- 3-4 Mint leaves
- 3-4 leaves of Coriander
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- 1 tsp Oil
- ¼ tsp Ginger (Chopped)
- 1 pod Garlic
- ½ tsp Red Chili
- ½ tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Oil
- Salt as per taste
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 3 cups of Water
- Chop the vegetables finely, all together.
- Heat oil in a pan and add in all the vegetables and fry them for 5 min.
- Add 3 cups of water and bring them to boil.
- Mix corn flour in the remaining water and add to the boiling soup.
- Stir continuously until the soup thickens. Add in soy sauce, salt, sugar crushed Chili and seasonings. Stir it well.
- Serve the soup piping hot with green chili in vinegar and soy sauce.
Potato And Leek Soup
- 4 cups of Vegetable stock
- 4-5 organic Yukon Potatoes
- Chives for garnish (freshly chopped)
- 2 whole Leeks
- 1 tsp freshly ground Nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cube the potatoes and bring them to boil in the stock.
- When the potatoes are boiled, chop the leeks and sauté them in a small amount of olive oil until they have softened and are sweet.
- Add leeks to the boiled potatoes and cook for a few more minutes until the potatoes get soft.
- Add nutmeg, and puree the whole mixture in a blender. Serve the soup garnished with chives and a drizzle of olive oil.
- 2 large Onions (chopped)
- Garlic powder to taste
- 8 stalks Celery (chopped and tops included)
- 2 large cans of Tomatoes (mashed)
- Lawry’s Pepper and Salt to taste
- 16-20 oz frozen mixed Vegetables
- Combine all the 6 ingredients in 1 quart water and simmer until the celery and onion is cooked.
- Add in vegetables and more water if desired and simmer the vegetables till they are cooked as desired. Add in more salt and pepper if required.
Chunky Italian Soup
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 cans of Italian Tomatoes
- 4 cups of Water
- 2 tsp Basil (dried)
- 1 can of Tomato soup with Basil (undiluted)
- 2 tsp Oregano (dried)
- 2 cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 16 oz Kidney Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1tsp Salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground Black Pepper
- 1 Carrot (chopped)
- 1 Zucchini (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder (optional)
- 8 oz Rotini Pasta (cooked)
- 16 oz Italian Green Beans (drained)
- Heat up olive oil over medium heat and cook onion in it until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato soup with basil, garlic cloves, and 2 tsp of basil, dried oregano, salt, black pepper and chili powder if desired. Bring it to boil and then reduce the heat. Simmer for 30 min while stirring occasionally.
- During the last few min when the soup is simmering, cook pasta as per the package directions and keep it aside.
- Stir in the kidney beans, the Italian green beans, carrot and zucchini and simmer for 15 min while stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the pasta, keep it on heat for some time and then serve hot.
Black Bean Vegetable Soup
- 8.75 oz of whole kernel Corn
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 15 oz Black Beans (rinsed and drained)
- ¼ tsp ground black Pepper
- 1 can of Tomatoes (stewed)
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 2 Carrots (chopped)
- 4 c. Vegetable Stock
- 1 tsp ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Soup
- Heat up little olive oil over medium flame and add in onion, garlic and carrot and cook until the onions get tender.
- Put in the chili powder and cumin and let it cook for a minute. While stirring continuously, put in the stock, beans, corn and pepper, and let the mixture come to a boil.
- Get together tomatoes and rest of the beans and puree them in a food processor and then add them to the soup.
- Let the soup simmer for 15 min for the carrots to get tender and then serve.