"Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet", although this 1970s TV jingle ruled the American market, and even though the phrase “as American as apple pie” is widely used even till today, America is not the only country where people savor this scrumptious dish. It is widely admired and relished by people all around the world. However, there is no denying the fact that America bears the hallmark for Apple pie recipes. Any American festival is incomplete without the assimilation of the air with the wafted smell of apple pie from the windowsills of a quintessential American home. You too must have baked the apple pie innumerous times and enjoyed it to the fullest. However, you must have had to curb your cravings many times, as a baked apple pie is not too healthy. What if you get a healthy alternative for the same? A no bake apple pie is not only healthy but also ensures the same taste and can be relished by one and all. It is very easy to prepare and doesn’t require much ingredients too. So what are you waiting for? Read on to know how to make no bake apple pie and enjoy the fruits of your labor!
No Bake Apple Pie Recipe
- 4 medium peeled and sliced apples
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2-1/2 ounce sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- vanilla pudding mix (0.5 ounce)
- Whipped cream for topping
- Pre made pie crust or a readymade graham cracker crust
- Put two third of water in a large saucepan and add the apples to it. Now add the gelatin, nutmeg and the cinnamon to it and let it boil.
- After it has boiled reduce the heat and simmer the mixture until the apples becomes tender.
- After the apples have turned tender, put in the vanilla pudding mix to it and pour the remaining water in it. Cook for one to two minutes until the mixture thickens to the desired level and then remove it from the stove.
- Now pour it into the premade piecrust or a readymade graham cracker crust. You can add chopped nuts if you prefer it.
- Refrigerate it for three to four hours and serve after garnishing it with whipped cream on the top. Now you can relish this tasty appetizing recipe without any guilt.