An apple a day, keeps the doctor away! However, if you are bored of eating apple as such, you can make delicious recipes from it. Stewed apple is one such recipe. It is not only a complete and delicious recipe in itself, but also great as a topping for ice creams, such as vanilla ice cream. It can be dolloped over cheesecake and even pound cake, to enhance their taste and nutrition value. It is both nutritional and appetizing. You can also use stewed apple as a filling or even frostings for pastries and puffs. You can put it in custard or cook with beef or pork. You can use it as a base for apple pie too. It can be used as a main dish, side dish, toppings, fillings, and many more things.
You can feed stewed apples to your baby, to provide them with nutrition and cook for your next party too. Stewed apple recipe is easy to prepare and takes very little time to get ready. You can use it any time, with your bread or bacon in the morning, as a side dish in the lunch and as dessert after dinner. It can be enjoyed in any weather too, as it acts as a comfort food in winter - as hot dessert, and helps us get rid of scorching heat of summers - as cool topping with ice cream. Now who wouldn’t be tempted to learn more about this recipe? Read on to know how to stew apples.
Stewed Apple Recipe
- 4-5 medium Apples
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Sweet Cream Butter
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- Wash the apple and peel it. Chop it and make rings out of it. If you plan to give the apple to your baby, make sure the pieces are small.
- Now, heat butter in a saucepan. Add the sugar to it and let it melt. You can even add granulated sugar to it.
- Next, add water to the saucepan. The amount of water should be enough to cover the apples.
- Finally, add vanilla to the apples and let them cook on low heat, until they become soft.
- After the apples are soft, add nutmeg and cinnamon and cook for few more seconds. Serve the stewed apples either as dessert or topping.