A common skin problem faced by young and middle aged people today is acne. Even if you get rid of acne, you will be left with ugly spots and marks on your skin, when the pimples get dry and fall off. The scars will not fade away, if they are left untreated. Finding a natural cure for acne scars is essential, especially when your skin is highly sensitive to the medical treatments available in the market. Read the home remedies given below and find yourself free of the unwanted 'after effects' of acne!
Natural Cure For Acne Scars
- Mix two teaspoons of sandalwood powder with rose water, to form a thick paste. Apply the paste on the acne scars and leave it overnight. Rinse your face with cold water the next day. This is a wonderful way to get rid of the ugly marks on your face.
- Another effective way to treat acne scars is to apply paste of sandalwood powder, mixed with little amount of powdered black gram. Apply the paste on clean face and leave it overnight. Wash your face with cold water, the following morning. If you find your skin becoming dry after the treatment, add some milk, while making the paste.
- Blot your face with the juice of fresh cucumber. Wait for about fifteen minutes, before washing it off, using normal water. This will tighten the pores that have opened, due to the acne scars. Regular use of the juice will help fade away the scars as well.
- Tomato is an effective natural cure for acne scars. Its antioxidant property helps nourish damaged and scarred skin. Slice a medium-sized tomato into equal halves. Apply the sliced tomato on the skin, where you have the marks. Wait for fifteen minutes and then rinse your face with water. This home remedy is especially suitable for oily skin.
- Water is a natural treatment for various kinds of skin problem. It is an effective cure for acne scars too. Drink plenty of water daily, so that the dead skin cells get removed from your skin.
- The citric acid in lemon juice effectively removes scars on the skin. To remove the dead cells and increase the elasticity of your skin, blot a cotton ball dipped in few drops of concentrated lemon juice. Leave it on for ten minutes, before rinsing your face with water.
- Rosehip seed oil is found to be a wonderful natural cure for acne scars. Apart from being an anti-aging agent, it regenerates the skin and reverses the discoloration process as well. Gently massage the oil on the acne scars, twice daily.
- Dip a cotton ball or a clean cloth in aloe vera juice. Apply the damp cotton/cloth on your acne scars. Leave it for about ten minutes and then wash your face with normal water.
- The regenerative characteristic of lavender oil makes it an effective home remedy for acne scars. Massage the oil on the scars before going to bed. The next day, wash your face with water.
- Mix one teaspoon of fuller's earth (Multani Mitti) powder with a clove of crushed garlic, ½ teaspoon honey and a little amount of carrot juice. Blend the ingredients together, to form a thick paste. Apply the paste on the acne scars and leave on for 20 minutes, before rinsing off with water.