Adult acne is the most common problem that men and women between the age of 25 and 40 come across. It is most predominantly seen on the face, back, neck or chest. While acne is not a serious health disease or a threat, it can causes scars and rob you of a flawless skin. Acne is caused due to the accumulation of the normal skin pigment in oil gland ducts. However, there is respite from the problem too. There are a few home remedies which you can resort to prevent as well as treat the acne problem. Read on further to know home treatment for preventing and treating adult acne.
Adult Acne Prevention
- Use a mild cleansing agent that cleanses your face. Use products which have benzoyl peroxide in them as a component.
- Do not use harsh products or scrub your face harshly. It might just aggravate the problem.
- Oily hair causes face oiliness. Make sure you shampoo your hair regularly.
- Excessive exposure to sunlight is a NO for people suffering from acne.
- Do not wear head gears such as head band or cycling helmets.
- Females should keep a check on the use of cosmetic, as bad cosmetics can result in acne problems.
Home Remedies for Adult Acne
- Cook oatmeal and apply on face for fifteen minutes, then wash.
- Prepare a warm bath with blanch of nettle and rosemary, to reduce the acne.
- Mix equal amount of lemon juice and rose water and apply on your face with a cotton ball. Leave for half an hour and wash. Repeat for 15-20 days.
- Rub the acne with garlic cloves, several times a day.
- Wash face with avocado paste, mixed with water.
- Mix 1 tbsp dried or fresh yeast with 2 tbsp of lemon juice. Apply on face and wait until it gets hard (try not to move). Peel or wash with warm water.
- Soak a cotton ball in either lemon juice or apple cider vinegar and apply on face.
- Mix 2-3 tea bags to some basil and cook in boiling water, for 10-20 minutes. Apply on the acne with a cotton ball.
- Saturate lettuce leaves in water and use the water to rinse face and acne.
- Grind bay leaves and bleach in water. Cool and apply on the face.
- Boil water in a pan and add some apple cider vinegar. Cool, put a towel on your head and bend over the pan. Take steam for 15-20 minutes.
- Clean your face every morning with cotton ball soaked with vinegar. It might sting, so try on a small part first.
- Drink carrot / cucumbers juice or eat carrots or cucumbers.
- Dip a cotton ball in egg whites and apply on clean face. Wait for a few hours and wash.
- Mix and cook 2-3 tea bags with dried basil, for 10-20 minutes. Apply on face with a cotton ball.
- Squeeze cucumbers and apply the juice on the acne, with cotton wool pads.
- Take 1 tbsp brown sugar and 2 tbsp white sugar. Wet a little and rub on the face.
- For acne that has left scars on your face, mix 1 tbsp sour cream (0% fat), 1 tbsp yogurt, 1 tbsp grind oatmeal and 3-4 drops of lemon juice. Apply on face, leave for 10 minutes and wash off.
- Blend 1 peeled apple with 1 tbsp honey, half a cucumber and 1 tbsp yogurt (use a blender). Apply on face, leave for 20 minutes and wash off with warm water.
- Apply some toothpaste on the acne. Do not apply on skin because it will make it dry, only on the acne spots.
- Whip egg white and put on face, until it. Then, wash with cool water.
- Apply sandalwood and neem powder, mixed with rose water, before bed and clean it off in the morning.