Acne is the most common skin disease found in youngsters as well as adults. It is an inflammatory skin disease that affects the skin's oil glands, in the form of overproduction. The natural lubricant that protects the skin from harsh winds and weather gets trapped and leads to the formation of pimples, blackheads and whiteheads and in severe conditions, it forms cysts as well. Medically, it is known as the disorder of the pilosebaceous unit, commonly known as pore. Treating acne in a natural way is the best way to get rid of the problem. Herbal treatments are effective ways to get rid of it. In fact, pampering your skin with herbal products will have a dazzling effect on your skin. Are you getting more interested? Read on to find some herbal treatments for acne, along with the causes of the problem.
Causes Of Acne
Overactive Sebaceous Glands
People with oily skin are more prone to acne, as their sebaceous glands or sebum produces more oil on the skin’s surface. The excess oil is blocked on the pores, along with the blockage within the follicle.
Creation Of Bacteria
Propionibacteria acnes are found on our skin, but the presence of acne leads to its overpopulation, resulting in no entry for oxygen in the pores. This makes the bacteria flourish and produce a fatty acid waste.
Unusual Shedding of Skin Cells
The shedding of dead skin cells, also known as desquamation, is a natural process. However, the skin with acne gets distorted growth, of 4 to 5 times more skin cells being produced by the skin. These skin cells are not shed properly, as they get stuck in the follicle, leading to comedo and thus, acne.
Natural Cure For Acne
- Use of lavender oil compresses the acne, so as to relieve inflammation. Dilute lavender oil with water, in a 1:10 ratio. You can also go for rosewater or witch hazel, instead of water. Apply this mixture on your face.
- You can also go for garlic, for treating acne. Stroke the acne affected area with a cut clove. This would help reduce the problem.
- Using banana chamomile soother is also an efficient way to tackle acne. One ripe banana, mixed with two tablespoons of strong chamomile tea, can cure the acne in a competent manner.
- Strawberries and strawberry leaves are recommended as herbal remedy for acne. Rubbing wet strawberries or strawberry leaves on the face helps you get rid of the problem.
- Dissolve chickweed capsules in warm water and then rinse your face with it. Chickweed is also wonderful to use as a bath soak for other sores, rashes, boils, and burns.
- You can also use cabbage leaves to improve the acne problem. Liquefy cabbage leaves with witch hazel. Strain the water and add two drops of lemon oil to it. Use this combination as a lotion and apply it on the face.
- Tea tree oil is also helpful in curbing acne problem. Tea tree oil, mixed with normal drinking water, rose water or witch hazel, in a ratio of 1:10, is an effective way of curing acne problem.