- Lifestyle Lounge
- Beauty & Fashion
“I wish my hair was thicker”. - Britney Spears. Sometimes even celebrities complain about their hair! It is not an easy task to have perfectly beautiful, long and thick hair. If you’ve ever had a disastrous experience with perms, straighteners, bleaching, colouring, hair dryers, environmental factors or any other chemical treatment to your hair that is making you go bald, it is time to check some of these hair moisturizing techniques that will not only give shine to your hair but also repair the damaged and dry look. Lack of maintenance is the most common form of ill treatment to the hair as a result of which split ends occur. Hair moisturizing is composed of three basic ingredients: rehydrating oil, a good shampoo and a high-quality conditioner. There are several hair treatment products available in the local stores, but the best way to treat your hair is a homemade natural remedy kit. Read the following sections to learn more.
Different Hair Moisturizing Treatments
Hot Oil Treatment
- Olive oil, castor oil, almond oil and coconut oil are the four most effective oils for a dry scalp. They help in softening the hair and absorbing more moisture.
- Warm any of the above mentioned oils, and soak a swab of cotton into this and apply generously onto the parted hair.
- Massage the scalp for about 15minutes to let the oil soak into the roots of the hair.
- Wash using a mild shampoo.
- Combine 2 eggs, 2 tablespoons of almond oil or olive oil with the contents of 1 capsule of Vitamin E.
- Blend all these ingredients and apply onto the hair.
- Leave for 20 minutes before washing.
- The vitamin E treatment helps in conditioning of the hair follicles.
- Fruits have antioxidants that are nutritious to the hair. If you have blonde or light hair, avoid dark fruits that might stain the hair.
- Citrus fruits such as oranges and lemons are excellent for the hair.
- Take about half a melon, half an avocado and half a banana and blend into a smooth paste. Add yogurt to this and stir till it becomes an even paste. Apply this hair mask for about 10 minutes before washing it off.
- Fruit masks are highly beneficial in maintaining the sheen of the hair for a long time, not to forget that they condition the hair adequately as well.
Honey Hair Packs
- This is usually done after the hair has been washed using a mild shampoo.
- Mix 1teaspoon of honey in warm water and apply the mixture onto the hair that is still slightly wet.
- With the mixture still on your hair, towel dry your hair lightly without rubbing it too much.
- Let it stay for about 2 days before your next wash. This is known to make your hair shine. However, make sure that the mixture doesn’t come in contact with your eyebrows on your face as honey is known to have a bleaching effect.
- Apply egg yolks onto your almond oiled hair.
- Leave the yolk for about 30 minutes and wash off with a mild shampoo.
- You could also mix a banana with the egg yolk and keep the mixture for 25 minutes for a proper conditioning.
- A concoction of eggs, lime juice and mayonnaise is also a brilliant way to nourish the hair.