The broken hair strands on a comb can give you heartache, as they reveal that your hair is generally loosing its volume and appeal. Hair breakage is an obvious result of damaged hair and the general hit and trial method of using expensive products does not work for many. A lot of us go wild switching from one expensive product to another, but they don’t seem to take care of the problem. Moreover, there is always a fear of the other side effects of these products. So, what to do? Simple, explore the home remedy for hair breakage and save your crown without taking tension. Read on to get some of the easiest remedies for hair breakage and get relief from this traumatic experience.
Best Natural Treatments For Hair Breakage
Hair breakage needs a little extra care while massaging and hence the massage has to be gentle. Warm any of the natural oils like coconut oil, olive oil or almond oil and gently massage your scalp with it. Hot oil treatment will moisturize the hair and leave it smooth and soft, by replenishing the lost moisture. These oils also make hair it strong as they are rich in Vitamin E; an essential component for hair growth. Leave the oil on your hair for sometime. You can even dip towel in hot water and cover your hair with it. Now, wash it with a shampoo and condition it.
The fiber obtained from fruits and vegetable provides sufficient amount of protein that can keep the hair stronger. Drinking ten glasses of water each day also hydrates the hair. Take vitamin E, C, zinc and silica rich diets and see your hair long, strong and shining in not time at all
Egg Yolk Treatment
In a small bowl, combine one egg yolk and 2 tbsp of olive oil. Now, mix them well, using a fork for the purpose. Apply the mixture on wet hair, while concentrating on the ends. Be sure to avoid your scalp. Keep the mixture on your hair for 1-2 hours and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Now, wash your hair with a shampoo and condition it.
Vitamin E Treatment
The vitamin E treatment is a very simple and effective way to treat hair breakage. Just take about five or six vitamin E capsules and combine them with your favorite shampoo and proceed to wash your hair as usual. You can even add them to your oil, massage your hair with the same and wash your hair after a couple of hours.
Aloe Vera helps in maintaining the pH level of the scalp, by cleaning the pores and hence, prevents hair breakage and loss, making them healthy, beautiful, and strong. Muddle up Aloe Vera gel with a small amount of wheat gram oil and coconut milk and use it as a shampoo on your hair. You will be able to see the results within a matter of weeks.
The traditional Indian herb henna acts as a natural conditioner that effectively works in maintaining healthy hair. It heals the hair pipe by repairing and sealing the cuticle and protecting the hair against breakage and loss of shine. Mix sixty grams of henna leaves and 250 ml of mustard oil and boil it. Now filter the mixture using a cloth and store it. Massage the scalp regularly with this oil.
- Avoid any shampoo with harsh chemical contents, as it will damage your scalp and hair. Instead, use a natural or baby shampoo.
- Avoid shampooing your hair everyday, as it strips it off natural oil. Rinse your hair well after shampooing, as it will prevent the residue from clogging up the pores.
- A conditioner protects the hair, by coating it with a creamy layer that saves it from harsh sunlight and pollution. Squeeze a 4 to 6 vitamin E gel tablet in the conditioner and use it to avoid hair breakage. People with oily hair should use hair serum instead.
- Lock up all your styling products, like gel, straightner, color and rollers, for sometime. They will only add to your problem of hair breakage, by outing extra stress on hair.
- Brushing your hair with soft-bristled brush spreads the natural oil from the scalp to the hair, promoting blood circulation that helps in hair growth.
- Avoid brushing your hair when it is wet. Pat your hair dry after washing, instead of rubbing them with towel. Use wide-toothed comb for the purpose, as it will discourage hair breakage.