Most of us take extra care of our face, washing it the required number of times in a day, using expensive lotions, applying home remedies to make it glow, and so on. However, very few people remember to take care of their hair and fail to realize that it contributes a lot to the overall personality. Whether a guy or a girl, hair care is essential for everyone. The best part is that it is not difficult at all. All you need to do is keep certain basic tips in mind and you will be rewarded with hair that is healthy and shining. Read on to explore some do's and don'ts that will go a long way in maintaining the health of your hair.
Do's and Don'ts for Hair Care
- Comb your hair on a regular basis. As you move a comb through your hair, it helps spread the natural oils. This, in turns, makes your hair look shinier and healthier.
- Remember to indulge in regular hair massage. Massage helps increase oil secretion and adds shine to your hair.
- Leave you hair open, without a clip, clutcher, hair band or rubber band, for atleast four hours in a day. During this time, the pressure on your hair eases and it gets back blood circulation.
- Whenever you wash you hair, make sure to wash along your brush and comb as well. If they are not clean, your hair will also become dirty. At the same time, avoid sharing combs and brushes.
- Always eat a balanced diet, which is rich in minerals, proteins and vitamins. All these nutrients are very necessary for healthy hair, along with iron, sulphur, zinc-B complex and vitamin C.
- Get rid of split ends by visiting your hairdresser every six to eight weeks. Since split ends hamper the growth of hair and also make them look coarse, it is necessary to get them removed.
- Drink a lot of water, especially after you get up. It makes your hair as well as your skin glow. At the same time, avoid having caffeine, in the form of tea or coffee, chocolate or any cola drinks, as much as possible.
- Never ever comb your hair when it is wet. Wet hair is the most vulnerable and can snap off at the slightest of pressure. Let your hair atleast semi-dry, before moving your comb or brush through it.
- Don't use equipments like hairdryer, ironing rod or crimping machine on your hair, on a regular basis. All of them make the hair dry and become dull and coarse.
- Do not scratch your scalp with finger nails or fine combs. This injures your scalp and, in turn, causes damage to hair.
- Never ever use soap or harsh shampoos for washing your hair. They are known to have a high alkaline content, which can disturb your hair's natural pH balance.
- Refrain from excessive use of hair styling products, like color, mousse, gel, and so on. They are bad for your hair's health, especially when used on a regular basis.