- Lifestyle Lounge
- Beauty & Fashion
With a change in the weather and season, the procedure of your hair care undergoes an alteration. While winter tends to make your hair dry and requires you to give it deep conditioning treatments every now and then, monsoon leads to frizz and stickiness in the hair and requires you to stay away from the styling products as much as possible. Summer is about to start soon, followed by monsoon, exposing your hair to first, harsh sun and then, loads of moisture. Read on to know about hair care in both the conditions - heat and humidity.
Taking Care Of Your Hair
- Whenever you are going out in the sun, make sure to cover your hair with a hat, cap or scarf, tying it looses enough to allow proper blood circulation in the scalp.
- Try to keep your hair as short as possible. It will help your enjoy the sun, without worrying too much about the hair.
- In case you have long hair, consider tying them up in buns or plats, to minimize the exposure to sun, and the resultant damage.
- If you have been out in the sun for a long duration of time, use a sun hair repair mask as soon as you get back home.
- As much as possible, avoid exposing your hair to additional sources of heat, such as hair curler or blow dryer.
- Always use cool water for washing your hair and stay away from hot water as well as products that contain too much chemicals.
- Remember to use condition after every hair wash and always stick to a moisturizing shampoo.
- Drink as much water as you can. Apart from helping add a glow to your skin, drinking water also provides natural health to your hair.
- In the humid weather, it is advisable to go for hairstyles that are short and allow the hair to easily bounce back into place, after getting wet. The cuts that require you to straighten, crimp or curl the hair should be strictly avoided, as humidity tends to make the hair go limp.
- Stay away from hair sprays and gels as much as you can. In fact, if possible, shun them in a humid weather altogether. This is because the lacquers and gums used therein can easily stick to the hair, because of humidity, and cause dandruff.
- Take proper care while drying your wet hair. In case you are making use of a towel for the purpose, ensure that you do not end up indulging in rough back and forth motions. The best bet would be to pat the hair dry and use an electric blower, on medium, for drying the hair.
- Do make sure to wash your hair at least three times a day and use a conditioner after every wash. Humidity tends to make the hair coarse and dry, resulting in unnecessary frizz. Conditioning will smooth out the hair, prevent frizz and keep your hair manageable.