Dark under eye circles are the most common problems experienced by people nowadays, seen in almost every individual. Nine out of ten people can be seen having dark circles under eyes. These circles occur due to various reasons, some of them being iron deficiency, lack of sleep, sickness, excessive vascularization, fat loss in general and hyper-pigmentation. Other causes of dark circles are nasal congestion, chronic atopic eczema, eyelid swelling and hereditary factors. They can make a person look old, unhealthy, tired, skeletal and haggard. Various treatments are available for dark circles under eyes, such as make-up, laser therapy and surgery. However, homemade treatments prove to be the best. Read through the following lines to know different home remedies for treating the dark circles under your eyes.
Remedies For Dark Under Eye Circles
- Drink at least 10 glasses of water everyday.
- Make sure that you get eight hours of continuous sleep in a day, which is necessary for your beauty as well as health.
- Mix a teaspoon of tomato juice, half teaspoon of lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric powder and a pinch of gram flour to form a paste. Apply this on the dark circles and keep it for 10 minutes. This is one of the most effective and famous remedies for dark under eye circles.
- Mix one teaspoon flour, one teaspoon milk, a pinch of sugar, a quarter spoon honey and juice of a half lemon. Apply the paste on your dark circles and when it dries out; rub your face with wet hands, to remove the pack. Rinse your face well and pat dry.
- Powder some fenugreek seeds and mix them in milk to form a paste. Apply this on dark circles in the night and wash off in the morning.
- Using cotton balls, apply cucumber or potato juice on the eyes. This is another useful remedy for dark circles. You can also use a combination of the two juices.
- Apply used cold, used teabags to soothe eyes and cure dark circles.
- Add some mint leaves, lemon juice and salt to tomato juice. Consume this as a part of the diet for dark circles.
- Mix lemon juice, cucumber juice and a cream containing lanolin. Apply this under the eyes and leave for 15 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
- Another effective home remedy for dark circles comprises of the application of the mixture of turmeric powder and pineapple juice.
- Mix milk and honey and massage this into the affected area. Leave it for an hour and rinse thereafter.
- Crush some mint and apply it under the eyes for 20 minutes. Rinse with water, thereafter.
- At bedtime, massage the area under and around eyes with almond oil daily, for 2 weeks. Almond is a very good skin food and helps remove dark circles.
- Alternate hot and cold water under your eyes, for 10 minutes every day.
- Dip cotton balls in rose water and keep them under your eyes for 10 minutes daily.
- Make a paste by mixing crushed almonds and a few drops of milk. Apply this mixture under the eyes every morning, for 10 minutes. Wash off with water.
- Include lots of fruits and vegetables in your diet, especially cabbage, spinach and other leafy greens.
- Lightly wet a washcloth with cold water and place it over your eyes when you go to sleep. You will surely see an improvement in the morning.