In case you are bored with the look of your bathroom and want to remodel it or are looking for some ideas on what style of sink should be adopted for the bathroom at your new home, this article would be of immense help. You would be surprised to know that the market of bathroom sink has much advanced from the last time you ventured into the section. Gone are the days when sinks were mostly semi-circle in shape and made from porcelain. Today, there are whole new styles and features available in bathroom sinks. Add to this, the diverse range of faucets that magnify the look of the sink completely. The steep prices also are sure to set your eyes rolling. In case, after reading all this, you are confused on how to choose a bathroom sink, just relax. In the following lines, we have provided some tips that are sure to help you in choosing the right sink for your bathroom.
How To Choose A Bathroom Sink
- The first step would be to determine the style of sink you want to install in your bathroom. Remember, the style would much be dependent on the amount of money you are willing to shell out.
- Now, comes in the size factor. Measure the amount of space you have in your bathroom. The available space would determine the kind of sink you can install. Imagine getting a large marble counter porcelain sink for a small sized bathroom!! Waste of money and effort.
- It would be wise to talk to a professional bathroom designer or someone working in a home-store, to know the advantages and disadvantages of all the types of sink and also have an idea as to the one that would suit your bathroom type.
- In case you have a small bathroom and need storage space as well, getting a sink with a cabinet below would be a good idea. However, if you do not want a cabinet, getting the classic pedestal style sink would be a great option. This would allow you enough floor space as well.
- Now comes the time to choose the way the bathroom sink will be mounted. There are various installation styles that you can choose from. Right from the traditional pedestal style to the solid-surface, integrated sink, flush-mount sink, under-mount sink and top-mount sink, the options are endless.
- Coming to the materials of the sink, you have a plethora of choices. While sinks made from porcelain are ever-lasting beauty, you can also go for the glass ones or those made from brass, stone or metals. Apart from these, wood sinks are also available.
- Just get the perfect sink for your bathroom that enhances the look and also serves as a great accessory.
- Lastly, do not forget the faucets. This might come as a surprise to you, but faucets can make or mar the look of the sink. Make sure you do not put a tiny faucet on a big, bold sink & vice-versa.
Types Of Sink Style
One of the most popular and traditional varieties of sink is the one made in white porcelain. Not only is it handy to use, but also light on pocket. The sink type also demands less maintenance and can be easily cleaned. One of the best features of white porcelain sinks is that they come in various shapes, such as round, oval or square, and sizes, making them perfect to fit into even in the least of spaces. The porcelain bowl can be installed into a countertop or on a pedestal.
In the present times, porcelain sinks can be personalized to gel well with the theme of the bathroom. They can be painted with motifs to enhance the décor of the room. Right from nursery characters to flowers to fishes, you can paint just about anything to get that perfect look. You can also find bold colors augmenting the look of the traditional sink style. Once the paint is done, just add a glaze to it and you have a beautiful, custom bowl that is durable as well as interesting.
Glass Sink Bowl
Such sinks are the latest style incorporated in the bathroom décor section. Available in amazing colors, textures, and shapes, the glass bowl sink have gained immense popularity and are quickly replacing the traditional sink style. The glass bowl gives the bathroom a stylish look, apart from being extremely functional. In terms of maintenance, this sink type strikes a jackpot as it is extremely easy to clean. Glass bowls are usually set in wrought iron bases, on brass or chrome stands, or on top of a traditional countertop.
In case you are willing to shell out a lot of moolah for your bathroom sink, consider getting a mahogany, birch, or teak sink for your bathroom. Right from being a place for indulging in necessities, to being a place to pamper and relax your nerves, the concept of bathroom has come of age. So, in case money is not the criterion, go for sinks made from wood that is aged, dried, glued together, impregnated with wax, and polished with hard-wax oil. This would add to the look of the bathroom, making it stylish and fashionable.