Decorating the birthday cake of your loved one can be a lot of fun. It is very interesting, especially if he/she is a child, because there are many varieties of shapes, sizes and designs of birthday cakes for kids. Even though you can decorate a homemade cake with the usual icing or frosting, adorning it in a creative way can add a personal touch to the celebration. It applies to the shop-bought cakes as well. If you want to get some fun decorating ideas and designs for your birthday cake, go through the article and increase your knowledge.
Design & Decoration Ideas For Birthday Party Cakes
- Dark chocolate chunks, as a topping for a frosted cake, look terrific! You may either grate the chocolate or cut it into small pieces for decorating purposes. For a gourmet cake, melt the dark chocolate in a double-boiler. Cool the syrup and then pour it across the top layer of the cake.
- For the decorations, get some chocolates, candy bars and rainbow sprinkles from the market. You may sprinkle crushed chocolates on the cake and top it with sprinkles of different colors.
- Strawberry syrup makes a plain birthday cake look very colorful. It is perfect for a vanilla flavored cake, with white icing on top.
- Bananas, grapes and apples can give a cake a different look and texture. Mix finely chopped apples, grapes (both green and black) and bananas. Sprinkle the mixture on the top most layer and along the sideways, to cover the cake with a layer of colorful fruits. You may decorate vanilla, pineapple or black current cake with the fruit mixture.
- To make your birthday cake look even more elegant, use real flowers as the decoration. Adorn your cake with a frozen rose as the topping.
- A fun way to decorate a birthday cake is to use edible silver and golden balls. Sprinkle them all over the cake. They are best suited for dark chocolate cake.
- An easy way to decorate a birthday cake is to top it with flower-shaped icing, in different colors. Consider the size of the cake, while decorating it with flower icing. This is best suited for round and heart-shaped cakes.
- You can also make edible Barbie dolls, butterflies or edible miniature sculptures of superheroes like Superman or Spiderman, for decorating the cake.
- You may choose theme-based decorations for your birthday cake. For instance, if you have chosen the very popular music theme, you may bake a cake that is shaped like a musical note and top it up with decorations that resemble musical instruments.
- Depending upon the age group of the birthday girl/boy and theme of the party, birthday cakes are available in a wide variety of shapes and flavors. Just look around a bakery shop and you will be delighted to find so much variety!
- Birthday cakes can be found in almost any shape. Apart from the usual round, square and rectangle ones, the cakes are now available in shapes resembling superheroes, cartoon characters, sports field, a game in progress, and so on. You can also base them on themes like music, Halloween, wild life, beach, etc.