Do you want to make the first birthday of your kid a very special occasion? If yes, then decorate his/her birthday cake in such a way that it looks very attractive and remains in the memory for a long time to come. It will be a nice way to introduce your child to the colorful tradition of birthday celebrations. Moreover, the child will be happy to be presented with a delightful cake, which catches his/her immediate attention. Let the birthday cake be the center of attraction for the party! If you need any help, check out some of the best 1st birthday cake ideas, in terms of flavor, design as well as decoration, given in the lines below.
First Birthday Cake Ideas
- The 'Number 1' cake is one of the most popular options for first birthday parties. Make the cake even more attractive by using red, blue and yellow satin ribbons and white piping as the decorations.
- Apart from the traditional round, square and rectangle shape, you can have the first birthday cake baked in the shape of butterfly, fairy, animals (such as frog and octopus) and cartoon characters as well.
- Three-dimensional castle birthday cake forms a part of the current trend. Such cakes are readily available in the market. You can also make one on your own, by using two different sized cake pans, five ice cream cones and four cupcakes.
- The traditional layered cakes and cupcakes are available in a variety of flavors, the most common being vanilla, chocolate and strawberry.
- You can get cakes flavored with bananas, carrot, applesauce and other fruits as well. These are nice options to consider, because they have less sugar and are healthier too.
- Cakes based on cartoon characters are the best bet if you have a cartoon-loving kid.
- Decorate a small cup cake for the birthday boy/girl, with unusual patterns. You may also decorate the cupcake with delicious homemade whipped cream frosting.
- The options for cake decorations are many, especially for the first birthday parties. You can decorate the cake with little flowers made from cream. Candies can also be used to adorn the cakes.
- If you want to keep the cake healthy, go for egg-free vegan cakes. Instead of the sugar-laden butter cream frosting, prepare homemade cream cheese frosting for the cake.