Decorating your apartment can be challenging, when you have fiscal restraints and everything has to fall within a stipulated budget. While you would simply love to make your apartment look beautiful, budgetary constraints can really limit your options. However, there is always an opportunity to explore creative and inexpensive ways to add some personality and homely look to your drab and featureless apartment room. This article comes up with some fabulous ideas on how to decorate your apartment on a budget. Read on and know what it takes to beautify your apartment without spending much money.
How To Decorate An Apartment On A Budget
- You can begin decorating your apartment by painting the walls. It will also be the easiest and the most inexpensive way to give some persona and color to your apartment. Paint the walls in bright colors or in your favorite color. In case, painting the walls is not feasible, you can hang a colorful fabric from the wall, using corkboard and thumbtacks.
- Moving on to the windows of the apartment, you can go for the basic mini-blinds which might fall cheap but do not look that beautiful. Curtains make the room look cozy and interesting, without costing much. You just have to check out the curtain stores and look for a fabric of your choice and get the curtains sewn. Twin-sized bed sheets can also be used for making curtains.
- You can get a cheap mirror to make your room appear brighter and bigger. For adding a touch of creativity and giving more character to the room, paint designs on the edges of the mirror. Some other ways to give an artistic look to your apartment include framing your album covers or framing some of your printed photographs. You can also prepare a collage combining several postcards and hang it on the wall.
- Some floor decoration will also add to your room’s personality and make it look more personal. Get rugs for your floor; they are cheap and also look good on the floors. You have the option of asking carpet stores for their extra sample squares, which you can use for making rugs on your own, without incurring any costs.
- Modifying your lighting is also an inexpensive way to decorate your apartment. You can get those cheap Chinese lanterns that attractively diffuse light in the room. Spotlights can be considered for the bookshelves. You can clamp the spotlights on the edges of the shelf, while smaller lights can be fixed at the bottom. This is an easy and inexpensive way to decorate you room using lights.
- In case you are hanging posters on the wall, you can frame them in inexpensive plastic frames and add a dash of class to your room.
- If you have kept chairs in your apartment, cover them with fabric. If your budget allows, you can also use some cushions on them to make the room look cozy and inviting.